The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-22-2020, 02:23 PM

Default A Cross-Continental Guitar Trio by Teja Gerken, Charlie Rauh, and Benjamin Guillet

I had a lot of fun collaborating with Charlie Rauh and Benjamin Guillet on this trio arrangement of the Finnish lullaby "Mirri Sairastaa." I recorded my part in California, Charlie from his apartment in Brooklyn, and Benjamin from his home in France:

I'm playing my Mario DeSio baritone, Charlie is playing a Collings Parlor 1 TS, and Benjamin is playing a Waterloo WL14.

Teja Gerken
www.tejagerken.com
Old 12-23-2020, 08:04 AM

It's nice Teja, good job

https://remylefer.bandcamp.com/follow_me

https://open.spotify.com/album/6trcd...qGm8CDlKj8yFiQ

Old 12-23-2020, 09:22 AM

Excellent!

Can you give us a brief description of how this video was made?
Old 12-23-2020, 12:26 PM

H165,

Thanks for asking. The three parts for this were each recorded in our respective homes in California, New York, and France. We started by working with an audio-only recording of Charlie's part to figure out what other parts we'd ad and how to arrange the piece. Charlie then recorded and shot what would become the final version of his part, which Benjamin and I used to record ours, by listening to the audio with headphones while recording and shooting the video. I played along with Charlie's Logic file, so I could do an actual overdub and listen to his click track. Benjamin just listened and recorded his audio to a Zoom H4. Charlie then made a mix with the audio files, and I combined that mix with the three video files (four, actually, because I used two cameras) in Final Cut Pro X to put it all together. And this was a fast one - from idea to final product was less than a week!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
acoustic, fingerstyle, trio