The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-04-2021, 08:11 AM

Default JBL Eon 612 party!

Had a fun gig last night.

A friend of mine who is a solo entertainer around Ottawa, Canada, invited me to a play a duo with him in a small pub. It so happens that we both have the same kind of pa speakers, JBL Eon 612's.

In discussing what to bring to the gig, we decided to each bring one of our speakers, but run them separately as personal amplification. He runs his vocal mic and guitar through a Fishman Loudbox, but uses it only as a pre-amp to feed the JBL. I used a Bose T1 mixer to feed my speaker.

It worked out great, as we both had independent control of our sound, and reports from the room were very positive. The speakers where on stands behind us so that we could hear ourselves well.

I bought my pair last summer, and I've been very impressed with the sound of them. Highly recommended!
Old 08-04-2021, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

Hi Pnewsome. I have a pair of the Eon610's and I really like them as well. Did an outdoor gig with them Saturday and sound good and they carry...

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 08-04-2021, 05:30 PM

jricc, I thought the 610's would be great choice too, but there weren't any available at the time so I went for the 12's. I can't get over how nice and warm they sound. The Bose T1 mixer sounds great through them too.

I have a Bose Compact as well, but it's been relegated to the smaller rooms lately.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:55 PM

I have a pair of 610s... More than I need really... whereas a single amp is less than I need.
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification