The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-25-2019, 08:39 AM

Default Michael Kelly N-50S

I'm considering a used Michael Kelly N-50S but I don't know anything about the company nor have I ever played a Michael Kelly. I've got 2 nice guitars and I'd like to add a "cheapie" that I can keep near my computer and just grab it when I want to try out a new song or change keys, etc.--i.e., I won't be doing gigs with it but I want something that has decent action and tunes up properly. The one I'm looking at is being advertised for $225. Any thoughts out there?
Old 01-25-2019, 09:56 AM

Default Nice guitars, but...

I wouldn't buy a guitar sight unseen if I wasn't very familiar with that make or model. But it's your money.

Every MK I've tried was a good guitar. I owned their double-cutaway electric, and it was well made and easy to play. It had plenty of bling- MKs are stylish -- but I found out the flamed maple was only a thin veneer. So I'd say they're flashy, but built to a price.
- Tacoma EK36C (ancient cedar Little Jumbo, '01, #145/150)
- Seagull SWS Maritime Mini Jumbo ('16)
- Simon & Patrick Pro Folk Rosewood ('01)
- Godin Montreal Premiere Supreme
- Ibanez Mikro Bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion