The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-11-2019, 06:56 PM

Default NFL Playoffs -Divisional Round

Round two of the NFL Playoffs. What story lines are you following?

Go Pats! ... and Go Colts!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:13 PM

Chargers win in Foxborough, Colts come from behind in a squeaker.
(Seahawks are gone, so I can afford to be reckless 🤢!)
Old 01-11-2019, 08:45 PM

Cowboys triumph in LA (I hope)

PJ
Old 01-12-2019, 08:35 AM

Go Birds....
Old 01-12-2019, 09:25 AM

Anybody but the Cowboys who are NOT America's team.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy1951 View Post
Whoever started that should be flogged. Here in Giant's country we were all like "What the...." when that first started.

I could put a star on my butt and that still wouldn't make me a flag,

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:29 AM

If the Pats win the Super Bowl, everyone else should just turn out the lights and go home for good. Here in Philly territory, the Pats are popularly despised, but ask the question of what team is the alltime greatest and who's the greatest coach and quarterback of them all, and a sure 90% consistently answer the Patriots, Belichick and Brady.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy1951 View Post
ANYONE else. With the possible exception of the Pats, who I hate about as much. But my Pats hatred it temporary - once they suck again, I won't hate them. It doesn't matter HOW BAD the Cowboys are, nothing tamps that hatred down. If it should come down to the Cowboys and the Patriots in the Super Bowl, I will just consider it another sign of the collapse of western civilization and not watch. And I've watched at least significant parts of EVERY Super Bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax Burgess View Post
If the Pats win the Super Bowl, everyone else should just turn out the lights and go home for good. Here in Philly territory, the Pats are popularly despised, but ask the question of what team is the alltime greatest and who's the greatest coach and quarterback of them all, and a sure 90% consistently answer the Patriots, Belichick and Brady.
The Pats will fall apart soon enough - a good chance they don't get there this year, but never count them out. I live around Philly as well and I think Belichick may be the greatest coach, but I can't rank the QBs based only on championships. Was Bart Starr better than Unitas or Don Meredith? No. Was Bob Greise better than Marino? No.

Brady's an amazing competitor, but he wouldn't have been nearly as great playing for most other coaches. He ends up throwing so many passes to wide open receivers - that's more on the scheme than him. I've watched every great QB since Unitas and I'd take Aaron Rodgers over anyone. He's an absolute freak at that position and he's never played for a particularly good team or particularly good coach. Have he and Brady switch places and Brady doesn't do nearly as well as Rodgers in Green Bay and Rodgers does better than Brady in Boston.

As for the Boids, last year this time I didn't think the Eagles had much of a chance against Minnesota, but I hadn't seen Foles play an amazing game since 2014 either. When he went crazy in that NFC Championship game, I figured they had a real good chance against New England. Well, I don't think they have more than an outside chance against New Orleans tomorrow either, but if they can somehow find a way to win that one, I like their chances against anyone else left in it.

-Ray
Old 01-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Let’s see
- I’ll be pulling for the Smeagles though I think their Cinderella story is coming to an end. But who know maybe the Saints OL is still off a bit.
- the Cowgirls seem to have the stars aligning for them, first Seattle loses their place kicker during the game and now they go “on the road” to LA where they actually might have more fans then the Rams
- Long time Andy Reid fan so I’d like to see the Chiefs got a shot at the Big Dance and they should win but Indy looks dangerous
- Chargers are probably headed for electrocution in NE but I’ll pull for them anyway as I’m just tired of seeing the Patriots every other year or so. Plus if you can’t win a Super Bowl throwing for over 500yds maybe you should just move on
Old 01-12-2019, 11:13 AM

Not wanting to start anything but wow!

Why all of the Dallas Hate?

I have been a Dallas fan since the 1970s and will be till I'm gone. Well, there was that one year when "T.O." was on the team...

But anyway, I guess the haters gotta hate.

Nothing like having to suffer with your least favorite team having some success I guess.

Best and Good Luck to all the teams in the playoffs (Especially the Cowboys )

PJ
Old 01-12-2019, 11:21 AM

I hate the Cowboys. Or is it that I hate cowboys? I admired the Jimmy Johnson version of the team, far more than the Buddy Ryan Eagles. Buddy Ryan - retch.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:26 AM

The home teams are all favored this weekend...and yet all four have shown serious weakness down the stretch. Mahomes and Goff are surprisingly easy to rattle with basic pressure. The Pats are a shell of their former selves, and Tom Brady should have retired last year—he's got great stats on the year, but he's struggled with age and the loss of most of his offensive weapons either to free agency or injury.

Essentially all the visiting teams are surging, with the possible exception of the Bolts, who are pretty banged up but otherwise coming off major road wins in Pittsburgh, KC, and Baltimore.

I predict a four-upset weekend. You read it here first.
• AGF-only discounts
Free Shipping + Free Returns
Shoreline Rewards
Videos
• Guitars from Taylor | Mcilroy | Larrivee
• Stage gear from K&K | Fire-Eye

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...s/namm_x_6.jpg
Old 01-12-2019, 11:27 AM

Would love to see the Chargers in the Superbowl. Like the Saints also
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 01-12-2019, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
Not wanting to start anything but wow!

Why all of the Dallas Hate?

I have been a Dallas fan since the 1970s and will be till I'm gone. Well, there was that one year when "T.O." was on the team...

But anyway, I guess the haters gotta hate.

Nothing like having to suffer with your least favorite team having some success I guess.

Best and Good Luck to all the teams in the playoffs (Especially the Cowboys )

PJ
It runs pretty deep. I got started as a Colts fan as a little kid in Baltimore in the 60s, but then grew up in Arizona in the 70s when there were no teams between Dallas and California (and the Colts only had a couple good years in the '70s). People in the southwest either loved the Cowboys or hated them. I hated them. Couldn't stand their all-American god and country schtick with Landry and Staubach leading the charge. I liked some of their outcasts, like Duane Thomas, but hated how they were treated.

And then after bouncing around for a few years (lived in the Seattle area and was a Seahawks fan in the Dave Kreig / Steve Largent era), we landed in the Philly area in '92 and gradually became Eagles fans. And around here, EVERYONE hates the Cowboys, it's pretty much required, so I fit right in - didn't need to get up to speed on that AT ALL! And the regional affiliation just fed the hate and let it run that much deeper.

There are two teams in the world I hate come hell or high water, good times or bad times. The Cowboys and the Yankees. There are other teams I hate briefly at times but I always get over it - it's just not that deep. That's how I feel about the Pats at the moment - I'm just fully sick of them. But soon enough they'll suck and I won't hold anything over from when they were great. But the Cowboys and Yankees are on a different level. I've more or less hated them since I was a kid and I'll probably go to my grave feeling that way. I'd rather see the Cowboys lose than the Eagles win - when both happen it's just too good to be true. And when we're in an opposite cycle, I lean into baseball and basketball...

-Ray
Old 01-12-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post

Brady's an amazing competitor, but he wouldn't have been nearly as great playing for most other coaches. He ends up throwing so many passes to wide open receivers - that's more on the scheme than him.

Ray, what do you mean that it's more the scheme than him? I don't understand.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic