The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-20-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Brady is banged up more often than people think, he just never tells anyone about it. I remember about 5 years or so, give a take a year or two, he was a little off at the end of the year but no one really noticed. Then, he had surgery on his foot just after the year ended without really telling anyone. He also had cracked ribs a few years ago he played through without anyone knowing.

It would be nearly impossible for the Bills to get home field throughout the playoffs this year. That is basically owned by the Ravens.

Yep. They can fight for first week bye by stealing second seed from the Pats, but the Ravens have that first seed pretty much locked in.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
...Martha Ford, has decided to keep the current GM and coach, Quinn/Patricia, for another year-------SOL (Same old Lions), 63 years of trash football! I'm starting to question that old saying about a blind hog finding a truffle once in awhile!
And Buffalo seemed to suffer at the exact opposite end of the spectrum: Every year, it seemed, they would change the front office, the sidelines and half the team roster. This wasn't just the Bills but the Sabres as well. It was like, we we were hysterically desperate. Get a new squad and staff and if they don't make the playoffs their first year, immediately get rid of all of them and start over. No consistency and no building - just a crapshoot. It's like playing scrabble and instead of trying to find letters to build words, you simply trade all your tiles every single hand, hoping to get a seven letter word - and surprised when it doesn't happen.

They almost dumped Sean McDermott two years ago and barely decided to keep him and look at him now !

You need to make changes and we need to be patient and let improvement happen organically.

For us, these past three years have finally started to see that happening.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 12-20-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_russell View Post
I have a Pennsylvania Super Bowl fantasy. I live in New Jersey. Both PA teams could win a playoff spot, but they have to win this week.

Eagles and Steelers in the Super Bowl? Not very likely this year.
Boo! Fratricide! Respect the Steagles fraternity!
Old 12-20-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Can the Rams step up and take down the 9'rs? Seattle is chomping at the bit for week 17
Weren't six of the 49ers defensive starters on IR last week? They might be doing an end-of-the-season collapse...

This is the first year in like forever Brady wasn't picked for the Pro Bowl...wouldn't be surprised they don't get past the first round...

Hate to say it, but it might be Baltimore's year...

Last edited by Cabarone; 12-20-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 04:17 PM

Here's the crazy thing about the 49ers ... they're tied for the best record in the NFC at 11-3 but they're the 5th seed, behind the 7-7 Cowboys ... ouch.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

Can Kirk win a Monday Night game?!?!?!
Old 12-20-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post

What story lines are you following this week?
GO Patriots!!
Old 12-20-2019, 09:08 PM

Go Seahawks !
Old 12-20-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Here's the crazy thing about the 49ers ... they're tied for the best record in the NFC at 11-3 but they're the 5th seed, behind the 7-7 Cowboys ... ouch.
Corrected my bad...rassin'-frassin' bifocals...
Old 12-20-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Meanwhile, over in the NFL Least, my 7-7 Eagles and the 7-7 Cowboys will match-up in a game that, remarkably, someone kinda has to win. If they could both lose, I'm sure they'd find a way. The Eagles have two healthy wide receivers this week, both of whom were mainstays of the practice squad less than a month ago, and a decimated O-line. They needed semi-miraculous QB play by Carson Wentz just to squeak by the atrociously bad Giants and Redskins the past two weeks, after losing to the equally horrible Dolphins the week before. Dallas, meanwhile, is relatively healthy and coming off a win over the pretty good Rams. So, barring, a massive choke, Dallas should win. But massive chokes are what the Cowboys DO! So we'll see.

One of these poor teams will win and have the honor of being absolutely humiliated by an actual football team the first week of the playoffs. I've hated the Cowboys longer and deeper than any other franchise in sports but I almost kind of hope they win this one, so it's them that get's wasted by the 49ers or Vikings or whoever in the first week of the playoffs... I fully expect to be watching this year's playoffs without a dog in the hunt, at which point I can just hope for the Patriots and Cowboys to lose, but it's a low stress kind of thing when you're team is out playing golf...

-Ray
If there is bad weather in Philly, I wouldn't be so sure Dallas wins. I'm pretty sure Garrett never prepares them for bad weather and they just practice in their comfy dome all the time. They looked like they never played outside a dome before when they played the Pats in the rain.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-21-2019, 06:59 PM

Patriots...that was an impressive win. Always a mistake to count them out too early.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:23 AM

Patriots! Great game. Spent it on the edge of my seat. Moving forward? Here we go. Let's see. A lot of close games today. Houston in and the Rams are out? Come on. Something wrong with a 7-7 team clinching by the hair of their teeth. Eagles/Cowboys will have at it tomorrow. To clinch? The poor NFC. Parity? I wish the most deserving teams would be rewarded. Rodger and out. Funny situation here.
Old 12-22-2019, 04:00 AM

Patriots made it happen even though the Bills looked like the better team for most of the game. But that’s the Patriots, when the stakes are high, they show up! 9rs game was at the stake of a field goal...again. Tomorrow I’ll root for the ravens to lose, but it’s against the browns. Cowboys vs Eagles will be classic.
Old 12-22-2019, 04:38 AM

The wackiest game of the day was Tampa Bay/Houston. That thing was like a video game.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:18 AM
Charter Member

Saints looking strong especially if they get full defense back. Need to win last two games for home field playoff slot. Bree’s is amazing at 41 YO.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic