The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-02-2023, 11:59 AM

Default NBPPASD!

That'd be New Battery Powered Portable PA Speaker Day!

I've decided to do some busking around Cincinnati, and most of the buskers I see getting good reactions do have some amplification. So, after doing some research, I decided to go with the Mackie Thump Go - 200 watts, advertised 12 hour battery life, indoor/outdoor modes...the only thing it's missing IMO is reverb. In my initial testing it sounds great - more to follow as I use it, which won't be til sometime next week because I'm headed to Nashville for the weekend.

1987 Peavey Patriot bass
Old 06-02-2023, 12:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahzz View Post
That'd be New Battery Powered Portable PA Speaker Day!

I've decided to do some busking around Cincinnati, and most of the buskers I see getting good reactions do have some amplification. So, after doing some research, I decided to go with the Mackie Thump Go - 200 watts, advertised 12 hour battery life, indoor/outdoor modes...the only thing it's missing IMO is reverb. In my initial testing it sounds great - more to follow as I use it, which won't be til sometime next week because I'm headed to Nashville for the weekend.

Congrats Aahzz! Curious to hear you thoughts! Looking at the back of the cabinet, it's nice to see a Master Volume.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification