The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-06-2022, 04:23 PM

Default Thanks for the Wide and Varied Info

I've learned a lot about acoustic guitars here. I've also learned about retirement, economics, hobbies and consumer pitfalls.

Thanks to a few posts here about online scams, I didn't fall for the "cashiers-check-for-a-little-extra" scam.

We're selling an old car on our local Craigslist. I got an email asking me to "please send more info so they can send me a cashiers check for over the asking price...."

Granted it looks sketchy anyway and I'm naturally skeptical, but being forewarned by some good folks here was very helpful!
Old 08-07-2022, 01:59 PM

It’s a wonderful resource isn’t it
Old 08-07-2022, 02:41 PM

I’ve learned a lot too….mostly about guitars, some about scams, some about shipping guitars, some about “human nature”/people, etc., etc. My time here is well spent, IMO.

My godson is coming over in a half hour: he and his family will be visiting for a week (from California). I am going to give him a guitar: he has been diligently practicing and taking lessons for about 6 months, and making great progress. He has been using a Yamaha dreadnaught that he borrowed from his aunt. But he is learning fingerpicking and wants a guitar with a wider nut.

Thanks to what I have learned here, I bought a used Webber OM with a cutaway for just a few hundred dollars more than I would have spent on an “entry level” new Martin OM or 000. And this Webber is wondrous. I think he will love it (and if not, I will!).

So thanks AGF! Good people, good info, good times.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhu View Post
I’ve learned a lot too….mostly about guitars, some about scams, some about shipping guitars, some about “human nature”/people, etc., etc. My time here is well spent, IMO.

My godson is coming over in a half hour: he and his family will be visiting for a week (from California). I am going to give him a guitar: he has been diligently practicing and taking lessons for about 6 months, and making great progress. He has been using a Yamaha dreadnaught that he borrowed from his aunt. But he is learning fingerpicking and wants a guitar with a wider nut.

Thanks to what I have learned here, I bought a used Webber OM with a cutaway for just a few hundred dollars more than I would have spent on an “entry level” new Martin OM or 000. And this Webber is wondrous. I think he will love it (and if not, I will!).

So thanks AGF! Good people, good info, good times.
You are a good godfather! So I have to say it buddyhu. God bless you!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic