The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-18-2018, 09:27 AM
Charter Member

Default NGD: Vintage V62 Reissued

Anyone familiar with "Vintage" Guitars? This company out of the UK is making some amazing instruments these days. Trev Wilkinson is heavily involved with them now, and has really up'd their game, I guess, relative to the earlier years of Vintage. I picked up this "V62 Reissued" a couple weeks ago for about the same price as a CV Squier or Fender Modern Player, and let me tell you, this guitar is truly awesome! I like it much better than the CV's I've played, and those are pretty cool guitars. Anyone looking for a very affordable, but yet high quality electric guitar or bass should definitely check out the Vintage line. I absolutely love this thing! I also just saw that my new Vox AC10C1 is getting delivered today. Should be a fun afternoon!!

Old 05-19-2018, 12:56 AM

They seem to get a good rep. The last time I heard one was three years ago at Musikmesse in Frankfurt. Jerry Donahue was demoing a range of pedals with his, he was an endorser of Vintage having previously had signature models from Fender and Peavey. Dunno how it is now of course since his stroke...
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 05-19-2018, 06:24 AM

Congrats! Sounds like a great guitar. I've never played a Vintage guitar before - don't think there's any around here.

Looking forward to your NAmpD thread too.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

NICE! I think you'll find the tele and Vox combo to be exceptional. Only thing is you may want to swap the tubes in the Vox. Kind of a pain but very worthwhile.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:58 AM
Charter Member

looks nice congrats

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 05-19-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnbys View Post
Anyone familiar with "Vintage" Guitars? This company out of the UK is making some amazing instruments these days. Trev Wilkinson is heavily involved with them now, and has really up'd their game, I guess, relative to the earlier years of Vintage. I picked up this "V62 Reissued" a couple weeks ago for about the same price as a CV Squier or Fender Modern Player, and let me tell you, this guitar is truly awesome! I like it much better than the CV's I've played, and those are pretty cool guitars. Anyone looking for a very affordable, but yet high quality electric guitar or bass should definitely check out the Vintage line. I absolutely love this thing! I also just saw that my new Vox AC10C1 is getting delivered today. Should be a fun afternoon!!

I have played a bunch of their guitars and they are really top notch. They are more in the range of Fender than squire. The hardware is quite a bit better too.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Are they available in the US ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Old 05-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStotes View Post
NICE! I think you'll find the tele and Vox combo to be exceptional. Only thing is you may want to swap the tubes in the Vox. Kind of a pain but very worthwhile.
The new tubes arrived a couple days before the amp - ha! Just waiting on the arrival of an Eminence Red Fang (speaker) so I can do both upgrades at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwguitar View Post
I have played a bunch of their guitars and they are really top notch. They are more in the range of Fender than squire. The hardware is quite a bit better too.
Couldn't agree more. Really happy with it!
Old 05-19-2018, 08:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Are they available in the US ?
Yes, they are! You can find all the US dealers through the "Where to Buy" tab on their website (vintageguitarsus.com). A number of the dealers have them for sale on Reverb.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Anyone familiar with "Vintage" Guitars? This company out of the UK is making some amazing instruments these days. Trev Wilkinson is heavily involved with them now, and has really up'd their game, I guess, relative to the earlier years of Vintage. I picked up this "V62 Reissued" a couple weeks ago for about the same price as a CV Squier or Fender Modern Player, and let me tell you, this guitar is truly awesome! I like it much better than the CV's I've played, and those are pretty cool guitars. Anyone looking for a very affordable, but yet high quality electric guitar or bass should definitely check out the Vintage line. I absolutely love this thing! I also just saw that my new Vox AC10C1 is getting delivered today. Should be a fun afternoon!! ...snipped pic
Congratulations! That thing looks awesome.

Quote:
Yes, they are! You can find all the US dealers through the "Where to Buy" tab on their website (vintageguitarsus.com). A number of the dealers have them for sale on Reverb.
Here are the current Reverb listings for new Vintage V62 guitars.

2017 Alvarez Yairi OY70CE - Sugaree
c.1966 Regal Sovereign R235 Jumbo - Old Dollar
2009 Martin 000-15 - Brown Bella
1977 Gibson MK-35 - Apollo
2004 Fender American Stratocaster - The Blue Max
2017 Fender Custom American Telecaster - Brown Sugar
Think Hippie Thoughts...
Old 05-19-2018, 11:45 AM

Wow, you get a new cool V62 Tele, a Vox AC10, and a Red Fang. It's going to be a long honeymoon!
Old 05-19-2018, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks I'll check them out

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Old 05-19-2018, 01:24 PM

Brilliant guitars , I have a FretKing Jerry Donahue also designed by Trev Wilkinson and Jerry . Best Tele I've played your one looks awesome
Yamaha SLG200S
Yamaha NTX1200R
Taylor GSMiniE Rosewood
Joe Brown Uke
AER Compact 60
Marshall AS50D

Now 100% Acoustic and loving it ! No more GAS
Old 05-19-2018, 06:09 PM

Nice guitar!

I put a Wilkinson bridge pickup in my Telecaster. (Make great authentic pickups for the price).
Old 05-31-2018, 09:55 PM
Charter Member

Sooooo........How's it working out?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars