The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-27-2017, 12:09 PM

Default QSC K10.2 eq and delay questions

Hi,
After much deliberation I pulled the trigger and had two QSC k10.2 speakers delivered. I’m very excited! Ill be using it as a pa for my band and taking just one speaker for small solo acoustic gigs.
The EQ options have a vocal/acoustic guitar eq setting. I was able to dial in a nice setting for my acoustic. Basically dial down the mids. There are 3 options on the eq: -dB, frequency, and Q. Does anyone know what the Q does? It’s set at .7 and only goes higher. Does it enlarge the eq curve?

And the pa has built in delay. Anyone know what a good delay setting is for general pa use? I’m assuming delay would create a reverb effect. I don’t have any experience with that

I currently have a small Mackie mixer but I’ll get a mixer with effects when I figure out what I need.
Thanks
Old 10-27-2017, 12:35 PM

I contacted the dealer and got my questions answered. Yes, the q makes the eq curve bigger.
The delay is for calibrating multiple speakers like in a permanent installation in a club.Not for for what I’ll be using it for.
On with the show!
Alex
Old 10-29-2017, 03:31 PM

How do you like them so far? I'm looking at a pair of the K8.2s for monitors mostly, and small PA duty for a bluegrass/fiddle tune duo situation. Last outdoor gig (no monitors, just PA) I couldn't hear my partner very well.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:05 PM
Charter Member

I have both. The K8.2 is my fave.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:48 PM

AeroUSA's K8.2 is my favorite too. He's close to convincing me to get some. Q refers to the width of the "notch", centered on a frequency, in a parametric EQ.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification