The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-30-2017, 04:15 PM

Default A good pedal for acoustic

I have stumbled upon a really good pedal for acoustic guitar if you like to use effects. I know that leaves out a large percentage of the forum so read on.

This is a small size pedal called the Valeton Coral Mod. It has one large knob for selecting the effect and there are sixteen. There are three other very small knobs for wet/dry mix, depth and rate of all effects. Very simple.

The key is that some of these work very well with acoustic guitars. They are clean, clear, strong enough to make a difference and easy to dial in. There is no memory or programming here. Its all manual. The good news is that it only costs about $60.00 for a very useful pedal and if you don't like it just bury it in your pedal graveyard like mine.

To name some of my favs that work well: two wahs, two delays, two chorus, flange, vibe, tremolo, phase, and a few weird ones that I don't use. High recommend this fun toy if you like pedals. It also has a very silent pass through when you don't want effects.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 10-30-2017, 07:57 PM

Looks like a lot of pedal for the money. Thanks for the tip. I think I'll pick one up. I enjoy experimenting with pedals with my acoustics. I recently bought a Neunaber Seraphim and really like it.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:03 AM
Charter Member

I don't look for interesting pedals, but these are fun tips! The Neunaber Seraphim is interesting. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2017, 05:09 AM
Charter Member

I have friend that plays a Chapman Stick that's digging the Neunaber Seraphim idea. Thanks again!

Last edited by dave42; 10-31-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:17 AM

Sounds cool. I do like to use a splash of effects now and then. I appreciate the post.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2017, 10:31 AM

Besides very useful effects for an acoustic player, there is no noise at all. I think I will be buying another one to set one on Wah and one on the Flange and leave it there for gigs.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification