The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-15-2019, 05:51 PM

Default Always buckle your neck belts kids

Welp i just opened up my case to find this today:

And I had just bought these strings and put them on two days ago! ugh! I'll have to buy a whole new set now as they dont sell this particular tension and string formula (aquila sugars) individually

At first I thought It had miraculously slipped out of the tuner but then I noticed it was still wound to the tuner!

when I stretched it out to see where It had broke it actually lined up to where a neck strap in its case is. (By the neck rest to keep the guitar from falling out)

When I put the guitar away last night I didn't actually fully buckle the neck strap so perhaps the sharp velcro on the strap broke the string??? haha its so odd

Im alittle worried about the neck possibly getting twisted to one side while I wait for new strings to come in the mail, i doubt that would happen but can someone just reassure me?
Old 10-15-2019, 06:00 PM

It'll be OK. The neck won't warp in the short time you'll have before a full set is back on.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical