The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-04-2002, 06:03 PM

Default "Acoustic" electric experience??

I have been playing my 614ce in a praise band for about 2 years. And loving it. I've been trying to move toward an electric groove on some songs. But I'm not all that interested in schlepping 2 guitars and amps to church every Sunday and Monday. Two weeks ago I picked up a Hamer Duotone Custom USA on Ebay after trying to A/B a Duotone and a Godin LGX.

All I can say is, in a band mix, this new axe sounds SO ACOUSTIC that I'm just blown away. I'm using DR Zebra 10 strings.

I don't think I'd use it in a solo acoustic guitar/vocal gig, but it sure is nice in the mix.

Anyone else with Duotone and/or Godin and/or other electric/acoustic experience to share?

RfM
Old 05-04-2002, 06:17 PM

Rich
I once played, I think it was a Kramer? plugged directly into the soundboard instead of an amp. Very cool sound!
Old 05-07-2002, 09:36 PM

Default Peavey Ecoustic

Hi,

I purchased a Peavey Ecoustic a few years back. At the time I was using a G&L ASAT Electric for Live Gigs and a Norman B20HGCE with Fishman onboard electronics for when I wanted to play live with an Acoustic.

By the end of the night, my fingers were getting sore playing the Norman. I play a lot of lead....and I wanted a guitar with an Acoustic sound...but the action and playability of an electric guitar.

So...the Peavey is excellent for that! Great ringing acoustic sounds when played through the PA. And yet it is so easy to play...in fact it plays like an electric.

So...in my case it worked out great.

I have since added a Taylor 414ce to the mix....which although much easier to play than the Norman, still does not have the playability of the Peavey Ecoustic for those long nights!

So the Peavey gets a thumbs up. Plus...absolutly no feedback problems either!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification