The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-25-2011, 05:38 AM

Default Any thoughts on the Yamaha CG182 or CG192

I have been waiting for someone on the forum to share their opinions on the new Yamaha's CG182 and CG192. There havent seemed to generate much if any comment. So I guess I just need to ask if anyone played one and what their opinions are, anyone?

I have a LaPatrie Hybrid and am thinking of replacing it with the Yamaha but don't yet know if it would be a wise move. I know the earlier Yamaha's seem to generate positive comments but its been quiet on their replacements.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:49 PM

Hi,

I just changed my LaPatrie Collection for the yamaha GC 192S(solid spuce top). Over the weeks , with my brand new La Patrie, I felt the urge to go back , and back to my music store because I was so hesitant with the sound i had in mind...And i had try de GC 192 also alot... I was at first impressed wiht the almost all solid wood of the Collection, but finally, was alot more happy with the more resonant and rich sound of the Yamaha.

I realised also that i much prefer a ebony fretboard vs a rosewood one, and then the spruce yellow colored top was even nicer then the cedar...

The yamaha is the winner of my feelings of sound. Happily, i was able to change it at the store. I was told not to always rely on solid wood. My guitar teacher is very happy with my purchase. Nice complement to my strat /tele..
Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 AM

Thanks for the insight. I have been playing them at the a local music store for a few weeks and have been impressed for the sound and volume.

Still I confess that for a Yamaha there seem to be little discussion about them and I was surprised. I have been keeping an eye out for user reviews and yours was the first I recall seeing. I had thought Yamaha fans would have been comparing them with the earlier models and reporting on what they found.

I may weaken and just pick one up, since in the end its about the individual liking what they play.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:06 AM

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...ighlight=cg192
Old 06-30-2011, 11:57 AM

Thanks for pointing me to the thread. Though I try to read the posts often I missed that one.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:15 PM

Bought a new cg111s Yamaha a few years back for the clarity and pronounced volume. Resonates like no other nylon-string I've had my hands on. Like to play fingerstyle/drone, often with finesse to see how much I can push a guitar. Like to downshift a lot so I use red label Augustine strings/ Pro-Art D'Addario trebles_ to avoid screeching. Breaking in a new set of strings to start recording with it in the near future. If the new Yamahas hold the road as well as this model you should have a very playable instrument in your hands.

Last edited by AfterViewer; 07-12-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 PM

Here's a reviewer's thoughts on the guitars in mention, worth looking at. Sometimes things change with the times. (There are lines of guitars that were only made for a duration/run). Cheers! http://www.dedrickkoh.com/2010/11/29...oing-downhill/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical