The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-22-2018, 03:18 PM

Default Blackbird Super OM on Reverb

Just in case anyone is interested, there is a used Blackbird Super OM on Reverb for what seems to be a good price. No affiliation to the seller, just passing along info!

I have a Blackbird Lucky 13 and I love it.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:14 PM

Nice find Jersey boy..(like me)
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-22-2018, 06:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaichine View Post
Just in case anyone is interested, there is a used Blackbird Super OM on Reverb for what seems to be a good price. No affiliation to the seller, just passing along info!

I have a Blackbird Lucky 13 and I love it.
It sold on Jan. 28th.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:33 PM

Missed it by that much
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-23-2018, 08:53 AM

The Super OM I was referring to was listing for 1000, and was sold yesterday. Someone got a good deal! Poses an interesting question, the Super OM was discontinued, but used to go for like 2400 new, if I remember correctly. I wonder how the used market will treat discontinued carbon fiber guitars.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:11 AM

Happy wondering ... it'll give you something to do during a Nor Easter... I do think about that sometimes too...
Old 03-23-2018, 06:34 PM
Guest 928

Tha;

I suspect that CF guitars will sort out in much the same way as wooden guitars; there will be some classics. I would guess that the cargo will become a classic. The super OM and Riders will probably be noted as forerunners. Some of the Emeralds will no doubt make the list of classic CF instruments. And of course, Rainsong has helped start and advance CF development and has an incredible variety of guitars in its history. Innovation and rarity give the people on this forum a good chance of owning an instrument that will survive through multiple players, for a long time, at a high level of quality.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:39 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Tha;

I suspect that CF guitars will sort out in much the same way as wooden guitars; there will be some classics. I would guess that the cargo will become a classic. The super OM and Riders will probably be noted as forerunners. Some of the Emeralds will no doubt make the list of classic CF instruments. And of course, Rainsong has helped start and advance CF development and has an incredible variety of guitars in its history. Innovation and rarity give the people on this forum a good chance of owning an instrument that will survive through multiple players, for a long time, at a high level of quality.
Evan, I think that if the Cargo is to become a classic, it’ll likely be the earliest versions without any issues (pre ’09). At least I hope so!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber