The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-21-2016, 10:14 PM

Default looking for a good classical

So I'm looking for some advice. I'm mainly a steel string acoustic player who's looking to add a classical to the collection. I do a lot of finger picking classical style on a steel string as well as all types of other stuff.

Basically, I already know what I look for in a steel string but am pretty inexperienced with classicals. I don't want to buy a sub par instrument only to be disappointed a few months down the road.

I'm not really in any hurry and probably won't purchase anything for a year or so after saving and researching. What are some models to look at? Most of what I've seen on here has been the La Patrie or customs. I don't really have any experience but from the little I've heard, I think I'm looking for something nicer that the La Patrie's. I don't have the money right now so budget could change but I'm guessing I would be willing to spend between $1000 and $1500 but don't want to spend more than I have to

Like I said I'm much more familiar with the steel string market and don't really even know how much guitar that will get me with classical

Once again thanks for all and any input!

Electrics:
Warmoth Tele

Amps:
Blues Jr.
AC15HW
Old 12-26-2016, 01:41 PM

I recently bought a spruce Raimundo 660e for £850 (GBP), which I'm very happy with (imported directly from Spain to the UK). The nicest guitar I played while shopping around was a cedar-top Almansa, but it was just a little too expensive for me (£1200). Cordoba guitars are acclaimed by many - you get good value for money with them. I also have an Alhambra, which is nice, but not such good value (laminate, not solid wood).
Old 12-26-2016, 05:54 PM
Musical minimalist

Might want to consider this that I just posted....

https://reverb.com/item/2475681-cord...assical-guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
classical