The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 01-31-2024, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Default Amazing 3,000 year old Sitka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-T...nel=RhettShull
Old 01-31-2024, 08:26 PM

I heard the guitar on the Driftwood channel and it definitely sounds good. And until this video I had forgotten Chris built a guitar for the Grammys for Fleetwood Mac. That's quite an honor to be asked to build one for them.

My Woodworking YouTube channel - David Falkner Woodworking --------------------------------------------
Martin, Gallagher, Guild, Takamine, Falkner
Old 02-01-2024, 08:07 AM

That fretboard is a visual trainwreck.

The icing on this guy’s baloney cake was revealed by his mystical, too-hip, hand-waving BS starting at the 10:30min mark in that video, where he revealed that he has special powers and unique insights into guitar voicing. You see, he thinks tap-tuning a top is silly - instead, he does it by “feel” because he understands string tension and has an intimate understanding of what his customer expects. Essentially he peforms a laying on of the hands, and whatnot. Wide-eyed gushing then ensued among the believers.

What a charlatan.

Last edited by dwalton; 02-01-2024 at 09:58 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN