The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-22-2021, 10:58 AM

Default TNAG Nashville

Had a great visit on a recent drive thru Nashville to The North American Guitar Company.

What a great shop it is, wonderful atmosphere, great leather couches to sit and try out the fantastic guitars they had. Two really stood out to me, one was quite a surprise, a Collings Dred which was very light weight, easy to play, had great sustain and note separation and overall was quite impressive. I think if I recall it was EIR with a Spruce top, but to be honest there were so many in there I can not recall, I just remember it as superb.

The second was from a local Nashville builder Paul McGill. He had a 25th anniversary guitar there that was quite stunning, BRW with a Spruce top. It was an amazing little guitar with a big sound and very unique style. I would have walked home with this one, but it was a little more, actually quite a lot more than I wanted to spend that day, plus I already was hauling 3 guitars from NY to Texas in the back of my little Kona.

Anyway, if anyone gets a chance to go, I would highly recommend it. We also went to Carter's vintage guitars while there as we ate lunch right next door. That was a completely different experience and not saying good or bad as everyone likes different things, but I did a walk around and left after seeing everything.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:43 AM
Charter Member

I've bought a bunch of guitars from Kim Sherman over the years... when she was with Cotten, and last year also at TNAG Nashville. Their prices on used and consigned guitars are outrageous but they will deal, as long as you are reasonable in your expectations as well.

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4100 shipped
Old 06-22-2021, 12:16 PM

Sounds like a slice of heaven, Tom!
Old 06-22-2021, 01:12 PM

And it appears that he had some good "hot" chicken as well!
Old 06-22-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
I've bought a bunch of guitars from Kim Sherman over the years... when she was with Cotten, and last year also at TNAG Nashville. Their prices on used and consigned guitars are outrageous but they will deal, as long as you are reasonable in your expectations as well.
The one I was looking at was a consignment and had not been there too long and because it was a special 25th anniversary model, the builder did not want to move. It was a beauty so I do not blame him in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srick View Post
Sounds like a slice of heaven, Tom!
It is a pretty nice place for sure. If it were heaven though, I would have expected to play better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogle View Post
And it appears that he had some good "hot" chicken as well!
We ate at a cafe called Arnold's Country Kitchen which is a Nashville staple. Let's just say it was an experience to be had more than the food I got. Has been there for many years. Should have ordered the roast beef which is what they are known for, but I went for something else. It was quite the experience though!!! Really crowded and folks love it.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:54 PM

Cool info. I'll probably be in that area in a couple of weeks.
Gibson J200
Furch MC Yellow Gc-CR SPA
Guild G212
Eastman E2OM-CD

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion