The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-19-2017, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintj View Post
Hard for me to judge sizes accurately there, but looks like a couple of TV front and regular tweed Champs, Deluxes, and maybe a Pro. Think I might see a Bassman, and maybe a Twin too. Some brown amps, probably another Deluxe. Looks like a blond and a brown Concert amp in there as well.
Well done! The amps belonged to Aspen Pitman (Groove Tubes). That's why the GT amps were there. IMO they don't really belong next to the Fender classics. I heard that Aspen sold his entire amp collection to Guitar Center a while back.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Acuff View Post
Here's an old snapshot that shows me with some tube amps. It was a friend's collection. The Premier was mine. How many of the amps on the wall can you name?
that looks like the front and back cover of aspen's early tube book.

i went to the GT close out in san fernando but it was pretty much picked over once the long line i was in got in the door. i did get the updated tube book and he graciously signed it for me. also got a small amount of tubes.

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars