The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-04-2020, 07:07 PM

Oh and, one more thing.

I was a member of a guitar forum for awhile,
and there was this one guy named ‘Barry’ I think,
who had a knack for coming up with cool thread ideas.

I won’t say I actually “knew him”, but I read a lot of his posts and contributed to a couple of his threads.
He must’ve been a really cool guy.
And I almost-sorta-maybe-kinda knew who he was.
Does that count?
Old 05-04-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
Yes, but in what lifetime?
My one and only. I can't speak for her. However, as she walked away I noticed she had the greatest pair of legs I'd ever seen.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
[LIST] One of the infamous "Boiler Room Girls" lived several houses from me while growing up. Identified as "Cricket" in the movie about Chapaquidick, she is thought to have been the front seat passenger in Ted Kennedy's car when it went into the water.
Very interesting. The Cricket theory is somewhat compelling imo. So what was the local buzz? Any opinion as to the likelihood of it being accurate?
Eastman John Pisano
Gibson Johnny A
Franklin Prairie State
Collings D1A
Old 05-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wengr View Post
Very interesting. The Cricket theory is somewhat compelling imo. So what was the local buzz? Any opinion as to the likelihood of it being accurate?
We had moved away by the time that took place. She was older than me and went to a local parochial school so no connection. I think she had red hair, and the family owned an Irish Setter. I see you're from PA - we lived in Upper Darby....
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 05-04-2020 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:29 PM

Wait a minute - I am famous!

... eer... ah...Well-known anyhow in many very small puddles, enough to get 20+ or so pages of Google hits before someone else comes on. (It helps on things like this if you have an unusual name.)

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Goodman J45 Lutz/fiddleback Mahogany
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
We had moved away by the time that took place. She was older than me and went to a local parochial school so no connection. I think she had red hair, and the family owned an Irish Setter. I see you're from PA - we lived in Upper Darby....
I live almost two hours north of there. In 1969 I lived across the street from the funeral home where the wake for Mary Jo was held, as they were originally from our town. I saw Ted with his neck brace on.
I have traveled to Chappy so I could take it in in person and to to gain perspective.
I have also visited Mary Jo at her grave site, but she's not talkin'.
Eastman John Pisano
Gibson Johnny A
Franklin Prairie State
Collings D1A
Old 05-05-2020, 06:36 AM
Charter Member

After spending a month in Nashville and attending the Tin Pan South Songwriters Festival. I had a 7:00 am flight out of the Nashville airport, so maybe 5:30 am or something .

I was walking down the almost empty concourse with my guitar case in hand (back when you could carry them on board and stow them in the 1st class suit hanging cabinet )
And as I go towards the only open restaurant that one other customer, a guy sitting drinking coffee.
He says "you must have been at the Festival", I said yes got some coffee sat down, and we started talking for about 1/2 hour . It was singer songwriter Jonathan Edwards , he was very personable and humble

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 05-05-2020 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbox View Post
Oh and, one more thing.

I was a member of a guitar forum for awhile,
and there was this one guy named ‘Barry’ I think,
who had a knack for coming up with cool thread ideas.

I won’t say I actually “knew him”, but I read a lot of his posts and contributed to a couple of his threads.
He must’ve been a really cool guy.
And I almost-sorta-maybe-kinda knew who he was.
Does that count?
Thanks WB! I'd say it counts!

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I live almost two hours north of there. In 1969 I lived across the street from the funeral home where the wake for Mary Jo was held, as they were originally from our town. I saw Ted with his neck brace on.
I have traveled to Chappy so I could take it in in person and to to gain perspective.
I have also visited Mary Jo at her grave site, but she's not talkin'.
From 1969:

PHILADELPHIA (UPI)-The first of the young women who attended the Sen. Edward M. Kennedy party the night Mary Jo Kopechne was killed volunteered Sunday to testify at a scheduled autopsy. “If I am invited by the Massachusetts authorities I will voluntarily agree to testify at any legal proceedings in regard to the case,” Rosemary “Cricket” Keough said in an interview with the Philadelphia Bulletin.

First reports indicated Miss Keough was in the Kennedy car July 18 when it plunged into a swirling tidal pond at Chappaquiddick Island following the party. Her purse was in the Kennedy car. “That story is completely false, a ridiculous untruth,” she said. “I was not in the car at the time. “During the party, I went out to the car to get a transistor radio I had left in it. Somehow, with one thing and another. I left my purse behind when I brought in the radio. “I had no reason to use anything in my purse, so I just didn’t bother to go out and get it again. I thought I’d get it later. “That’s all there is to it.”

Miss Keough, 24, of Suburban Drexel Hill, Pa., is a former Kennedy staffer. A Manhattanville College graduate, she now works in Washington for the Childrens Foundation.

According to Wikipedia, "She is currently an Ursuline Sister of Mount Saint Joseph."
Martin 000-15sm
Old 05-05-2020, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

Yes it's a very compelling theory especially when presented in books or shows.
However it's not hard to be compelling with a list of cherry picked facts, and no rebuttal.
But it's always made me wonder this: If true, then Cricket And Kennedy both returned to the party soaking wet. Some at the party knew. Possibly everyone at the party knew.
So what they are suggesting is that a good number people, even long after Kennedy is dead are willing to take the truth to the grave. Seems odd to me frankly, but I try to remain open minded to the theory.

Anyway in 1969, Ted got out of a large black car and went into the viewing. I don't think it was more than ten minutes until he got back in the car and left.
Going through the motions he was expected to go though I guess.
Eastman John Pisano
Gibson Johnny A
Franklin Prairie State
Collings D1A
Old 05-05-2020, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
...But it's always made me wonder this: If true, then Cricket And Kennedy both returned to the party soaking wet. Some at the party knew. Possibly everyone at the party knew.
So what they are suggesting is that a good number people, even long after Kennedy is dead are willing to take the truth to the grave. Seems odd to me frankly, but I try to remain open minded to the theory...
There was drinking going on, and maybe some had passed out. It's also possible that couples had paired off and retreated to bedrooms. My sense is that this group of people possessed a fierce loyalty to Ted, and probably the Kennedys in general. Maybe a monetary payoff was involved and/or continues to be involved for their silence/adhering to the party line...
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 05-05-2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:54 AM

I nearly struck it rich on "Press Your Luck" a "few" years ago.

Also, if you're a golfer, you know the name Scotty Cameron. Our girlfriends in high school were best friends, so we'd hang out quite a bit. He's doing alright for himself. And he did marry his high school sweetheart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0911.jpg (36.2 KB, 165 views)
Old 05-05-2020, 08:55 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Please get back on track. Recent posts are getting political. One more and all related to this tangent will be deleted.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:49 PM

I've lived in Southern California for most of the last 40 years, but the only famous person I have ever run into here was the bully in Karate Kid 1, who I saw at the drive thru at the Tommy's Burgers in Eagle Rock around 1983.

I don't know any famous people personally either.

I guess I am hanging out in the wrong places.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:21 PM

Default So how are you not famous

I was standing next to Cheryl Ladd at Carney’s on Sunset Blvd. she was even prettier and nicer in person! ‘This was in the 80’s btw.
Scott

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic