Coronavirus football: FC Seoul apologises for 'sex dolls' in stands
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 05-20-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcr View Post
If baseball resumes I would expect it to be essentially a series of exhibition games, with reduced prices, and profits going to virus-related charities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I read today that the Owners/League are proposing a 50/50 split with the Players on revenue. Sounds like the union is going to strongly object <sigh>.
While we all hoped for the former unfortunately the latter will probably result in there being no 2020 season. Whatever. I've become extremely disillusioned with baseball and won't shed a tear.

I think the NFL is pushing it with their season ticket policies as well and operating under the assumption that everything will be back to normal come August - despite the CDC warning that it WILL make a comeback in November and have them doing a suspension of the season along the lines of what the NHL is trying to figure out how to come back from.

There's always NASCAR though.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:56 PM
Charter Member

It looks like everything is just going to start, kind of, and and when people come to get infected, I mean watch, it will eventually become acceptable and normal. So get on board and don't rock the boat you naysayers.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 05-21-2020, 02:13 PM

NHL has sent the NHLPA a proposal to resume the season:
  • No regular season games - direct to playoffs
  • 24 Playoff teams instead of 16. That makes up for bubble teams that might have had a chance if the remaining regular season games were played
  • Two cities hosting 12 teams each (1 city per conference). Las Vegas expected to be one team due to hotel availability
  • First round bye for each of the four division winners
  • I think no fans

Your thoughts?
Old 05-21-2020, 02:17 PM

16 teams would be better IMO. That’s your typical playoff picture. How many teams would have been mathematically in the hunt by March.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:44 AM

Well the NRL (National Rugby League) has kicked off round 3 tonight down here after a 9 week hiatus (it was supposed to be round 12).

Currently it's Parramatta 12 leading Brisbane 6 at halftime in front of team staff, media, match officials & not anyone else but what's that white noise when the action heats up?

Oh my god they've dubbed fake crowd noise lol. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. At least the game is real.

Martin D-28
Maton EA808 Australian
Maton EBG808 Performer
Cole Clark FL2-12
Suzuki Kiso J200
Old 05-28-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
16 teams would be better IMO. That’s your typical playoff picture. How many teams would have been mathematically in the hunt by March.
Confirmed 24 playoff teams. Terrible. I can't believe Montreal, last out of those 24 teams, made it in. They play the Pens who finished, what, 15 points ahead?

Bruins get a bye for the first playoff round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonblue View Post
Well the NRL (National Rugby League) has kicked off round 3 tonight down here after a 9 week hiatus (it was supposed to be round 12).

Currently it's Parramatta 12 leading Brisbane 6 at halftime in front of team staff, media, match officials & not anyone else but what's that white noise when the action heats up?

Oh my god they've dubbed fake crowd noise lol. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. At least the game is real.
Hey - it's good to see a non-US/Canada perspective. I wouldn't mind fake crowd noise in NHL/NBA/MLB/NFL as long as it appears real at appropriate moments. Sounds like it isn't working there?
Old 05-28-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't mind fake crowd noise in NHL/NBA/MLB/NFL as long as it appears real at appropriate moments.
An article about the days when radio announcers "recreated" (including use of prerecorded crowd noise) baseball games:

http://www.radiosurvivor.com/2013/07...n-of-baseball/

Was anybody here around for those?
Old 05-29-2020, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Hey - it's good to see a non-US/Canada perspective. I wouldn't mind fake crowd noise in NHL/NBA/MLB/NFL as long as it appears real at appropriate moments. Sounds like it isn't working there?
Probably took me more by surprise than anything else. I'd say they put some work into it by the way it swelled in volume & pitch according to the situation (I wonder if they'll bias it to replicate home ground advantages haha!) but what was coming over louder was the teams' staff & bench players yelling at each other so in that regard it sounded like a suburban match, in a stadium. By the way Parramatta smashed Brisbane 34-6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLnHQcSAgo

I think we'll get used to it lol, it's better than not having it. The other main code, the AFL (Aussie Rules) kicks off again in a fortnight. I wonder if they'll use it there. They're used to bigger crowds than the Rugby League, especially in Melbourne.

Martin D-28
Maton EA808 Australian
Maton EBG808 Performer
Cole Clark FL2-12
Suzuki Kiso J200

Last edited by saxonblue; 05-29-2020 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonblue View Post
Probably took me more by surprise than anything else. I'd say they put some work into it by the way it swelled in volume & pitch according to the situation (I wonder if they'll bias it to replicate home ground advantages haha!) but what was coming over louder was the teams' staff & bench players yelling at each other so in that regard it sounded like a suburban match, in a stadium. By the way Parramatta smashed Brisbane 34-6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLnHQcSAgo

I think we'll get used to it lol, it's better than not having it. The other main code, the AFL (Aussie Rules) kicks off again in a fortnight. I wonder if they'll use it there. They're used to bigger crowds than the Rugby League, especially in Melbourne.
Let us know how the AFL goes with the fake crowd noise.

I wonder how the NHL will fake players throwing their hats onto the ice after a Hat Trick? Hopefully not with CGI, lol.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:13 AM

It's been a few weeks so I figure I'd check in. NHL and NBA are working on returning this summer and jump into the playoffs. MLB is discussing their upcoming season.

Your thoughts on how sports will resume? It seemed very promising but with MLB shutting down training camps due to players/teams getting covid and NHL super stars getting covid it's looking dismal. I'm still hopeful though.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:48 AM

Cricket matches will restart with Windies vs. England July 8th.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, the possibility of seeing any MLB this season looks gloomier by the day.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleGorch View Post
Cricket matches will restart with Windies vs. England July 8th.
Will there be any fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Yeah, the possibility of seeing any MLB this season looks gloomier by the day.
It looks gloomier each day but I think MLB and the Players will come to an agreement. A bigger concern is whether the playoffs can be completed prior to another coivd wave. Can't have too many regular season games.

I wonder how the NFL will do? Surely covid will strike again between Sept and Jan.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:45 PM

Probably the most entertainment from that Billionaire/Millionaire group, also known as MLB, is to watch their self immolation! They remind me of dogs fighting on a gut wagon!

Fog

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic