The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-28-2020, 08:58 PM
Charter Member

I heard my Gibson L-130 crack over the bed post late one night when my ex GF busted it in a drunken rage. That was a heartbreaker....the guitar, not the ex GF.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:49 AM

I had to move a bunch of items from one vehicle to another in the middle of a driving rainstorm in the middle of the night. The last thing to throw into the mess was un unbagged Martin Custom Shop.

As i laid it down on a heap of items I heard what sounded like a firecracker going off. I immediately know what happened but could not bring myself to look at the guitar until the next morning. I wanted to vomit. Very long crack in the side of the guitar.

Found a great luthier who repaired it and refinished it for $150. I feel better now. Uggghh.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponserv View Post
I had to move a bunch of items from one vehicle to another in the middle of a driving rainstorm in the middle of the night. The last thing to throw into the mess was un unbagged Martin Custom Shop.

As i laid it down on a heap of items I heard what sounded like a firecracker going off. I immediately know what happened but could not bring myself to look at the guitar until the next morning. I wanted to vomit. Very long crack in the side of the guitar.

Found a great luthier who repaired it and refinished it for $150. I feel better now. Uggghh.
I feel your pain, but am I reading this right that you were essentially throwing a custom shop Martin the back of the van with NO CASE at all? Not even a gig bag?

Old 05-29-2020, 12:35 PM

I know. Sounds insane right. Let me just try to put it in perspective. The one vehicle I was transferring the guitar from was a blown up motorcoach on the side of interstate 26 in the middle of the night. Need the rest of the story.......?

LOL
Old 05-29-2020, 03:01 PM

A brace that suddenly pops loose can also create quite a racket. it is amazing how much tension they are under.

A few nice ones, a few beaters, and a few I should probably sell...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion