The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 03-27-2020, 05:22 AM

Default lessons?????

I started playing back in the late 70's. I never had a lesson and it shows. Last November, I took my first lesson and wonder now if I should take a 6 month break. I told my teacher Jimi the Weed on Fb, that I can not play blues, bar chords or any lead playing at all. so I have been practicing bar chords daily now but arthritis won't let me do it long. I can now play some scales and my technique is much better. and I can now play some 12 bar blues. so I may have met my original goals . so I have become stagnant and think I need time off from practice and ingrain what I have learned so far. Jimi wants me to learn to read music I think....or could the real reason be that jimi sent me a txt msg calling in sick. I got the msg 5 hours after I showed up. he also called in sick Christmas eve. and my last 3 lessons started late, one 15 minutes late. sos my question: do people quit lessons with the understand they would like to come back in a few months? should I give a month notice?
Old 03-27-2020, 05:26 AM
Charter Member

Sounds like the lessons aren't working out as you hoped. I would kindly let him know you've decided to take another direction. There's really no need for a long winded explanation.

Right now there are some incredible musicians offering lessons online and with YouTube, there's just so much out there to learn if you have the basics down.

I hope it works out!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write