The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-14-2019, 03:08 PM
Guest 928

jdinco;

I think that the Captain's honey has already taught him to heel (har har).

Casual;

Was your unlovely solution to my desired guitar to take my full-bodied, ruby colored, K&Ked, slot-headed X10-OSN and cut it down to 2 inches? If so, I'm glad you resisted the idea.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

For the record, while I am trainable, the only heeling I have done has been while on sailboats. I have tried to train my cat to heel while on the leash, but, like me, he goes where he wants.

I am healing. I have been told several times: it hurts right now, but you will one day look back on this and be glad you did it. I am not to that point. A bit ahead of being OKed for it, Joan took me for a drive today, with the treat of my favorite burger place.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:12 PM
Guest 928

Jim;

Good! Nothing like a good burger to lighten the day. My sidekick took several months to recover from her extensive shoulder replacement--it was not easy, but in the end it was a blessings. Eat well, live good, get back to the music.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:10 PM
Charter Member

Sorry for that misspelling there Captain...I suspect we are both past the heeling phase. Get well soon!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:22 AM
Guest 928

By golly, I think this petition stuff must work. Just selected the veneer for the ultra-slim. Now comes the wait--and I don't want to hear any taunting about the duration of wait, you know how I hate taunting.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
By golly, I think this petition stuff must work. Just selected the veneer for the ultra-slim. Now comes the wait--and I don't want to hear any taunting about the duration of wait, you know how I hate taunting.
How about................congratulations!
Old 05-15-2019, 02:32 PM
Charter Member

Congrats, Evan. Hope you get the guitar of your dreams.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

The Evan Signature guitar is in the loop. Congrats Evan ! The taunting will come later.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:18 PM
Guest 928

I've really appreciated the response to Gitaman's thread. I believe that argument is important and that all sides should be listened to. I particularly like Barb1's response since it argues what I like. I also liked the opposing arguments--they are highly informative. Those opposing arguments have brought up some issues in the build and attitude behind the new 10, and they have become part of my awareness. I really like this forum! Thank you.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:51 AM

Hahaha, Congrats, Evan! This one has a story to go with it and have my blessing for the tone of your dream with a look to match. Good luck!

I was frustrated initially with the unexpected perspectives on the matter and took it out on my OF660 with medium gauge... I thought she was going to turn to carbon dusts but instead, She made sounds that I never heard before.

After all, I truly appreciated all of you taking the time to share your perspectives and your level of maturity!

Thank you!
Old 05-24-2019, 12:05 PM
Guest 928

Gitaman;

Well, you started it and it got pretty interesting--thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber