The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-26-2021, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

StewMac preservation polish will most likely take that right off in 30 seconds.
Old 10-26-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
Same experience here with my first-gen Dred-jr. If anything, its gotten better over time and use.

If theres any question of dirty hands, I wash with regular hand soap and water before playing. Generally avoid sanitizers and lotions. Quick wipe down anywhere I contact guitar after each use. For the most part…
Same...bought mine when first released and rarely does it leave the stand in my office expect for playtime. Tremendous guitar for what it is....
Old 10-26-2021, 09:07 PM

Good to hear the positive feedback on the dread Jr. Obviously something happened with my friend's that was out of the ordinary.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

This is how they come, open pore finish. Both of my juniors are like that
Old 10-27-2021, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
I got a 2018 Djr recently and thought the back of the neck felt rough and scratchy. I think it goes with the cheaper finishing. What I did is use micromesh pads from 3600-12000 grit and then took some automotive polish and buffed it on with a buffer pad on my drill. Then I took those micro mesh pads to the back of the neck again and now it's awesome. Smooth like a gloss neck but closer to feel to a long-played Martin satin neck.
I did the same with my Faith 'Mars'. Although satin it had a few rough-ish spots where a little sawdust got caught up in the lacquer; a few seconds (seriously), with fine grade micromesh left the neck smooth as silk and with no damage to the finish. My various grades of micromesh were included with a fountain pen nib restoration kit-another of my hobbies.
Old 10-28-2021, 06:13 AM

So my buddy and I drove to Sweetwater yesterday and I have to say, the customer service there is pretty amazing. After they checked out his guitar, they immidiately exchanged it for a brand new one. His was 2 months old and therefore past the return limit.
Whatever happened to his guitar with the neck also caused the bridge to raise a little. Sounds like it was exposed to high humidity. They didn't blame him... Just exchanged it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion