The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 10-07-2021, 12:58 PM

You mentioned recording king.

My ros-06, solid top, lam b & s 12 fret has both a l-shaped neckblock and a wide lollipop brace. As I understand it this is two things trying to do the same thing. Avoid a crack around the fretbord.

The top is 3,5 to 3,7 mm around the soundhole. Martin uses 2,7 mm if I'm correct (they are trying to copy a martin).

So cheaper are most often overbuilt (not always, richwood has a parlor with the thinnest top i ever seen on a guitar. That guitar has bass like a dread).

Avoiding warranty is probably there priority
Old 10-07-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takamineGD93 View Post
You mentioned recording king.

My ros-06, solid top, lam b & s 12 fret has both a l-shaped neckblock and a wide lollipop brace. As I understand it this is two things trying to do the same thing. Avoid a crack around the fretbord.

The top is 3,5 to 3,7 mm around the soundhole. Martin uses 2,7 mm if I'm correct (they are trying to copy a martin).

So cheaper are most often overbuilt (not always, richwood has a parlor with the thinnest top i ever seen on a guitar. That guitar has bass like a dread).

Avoiding warranty is probably there priority
If that was the case they would glue the bridges down better. Bridge lift is an often-cited issue with some of the import brands. My Ros-06 bridge lifted right after the warranty period expired.
Old 10-08-2021, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
If that was the case they would glue the bridges down better. Bridge lift is an often-cited issue with some of the import brands. My Ros-06 bridge lifted right after the warranty period expired.
Yes,that's an known flaw with the early batch that seems to get better by time. My bridge is hangin in there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair