The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Mike Bossy - sad to hear he has lung cancer and has to step away from being a tv hockey analyst for treatment. Best of luck Mike!
Wow, sorry to hear that about him. He is one of the best players of all time and a huge part of the Islanders great Cup years. Wishing him well in treatment and hopes for a complete recovery.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-20-2021, 04:47 PM
Charter Member

A lot of us Ranger fans laughed when the Islanders drafted Bossy. We said he wouldn't go into the corners and would win a Lady Bingh. After averaging 57 goals/year for 10 years we weren't laughing. Bossy could have the puck in & out of the net twice before most guys could get off a shot.
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 10-21-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Wow, sorry to hear that about him. He is one of the best players of all time and a huge part of the Islanders great Cup years. Wishing him well in treatment and hopes for a complete recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
A lot of us Ranger fans laughed when the Islanders drafted Bossy. We said he wouldn't go into the corners and would win a Lady Bingh. After averaging 57 goals/year for 10 years we weren't laughing. Bossy could have the puck in & out of the net twice before most guys could get off a shot.
Bossy was one of the best ever. Classy guy too. I wish he hadn't been forced to retire so early but he retired a Champion.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:42 AM

Interesting situation for The Penguins tonight in their game against The Maple Leafs: They will be playing without their top 3 centers (Crosby, Malkin and Carter). Yesterday it was announced that Carter will not play due to being in "the disease which is not to be mentioned" protocol, while Crosby and Malkin continue to recover from off-season surgeries, and have no specific time table for their respective returns. The Pens will also be without the services of one of their best forwards as Bryan Rust is out with an injury that is described as requiring "week to week" re-evaluation. Essentially, half of their forward roster for tonight's game will be AHL calibre and 3 of their 4 centers did not play the position at the NHL level at all last year. So, instead of Crosby, Malkin, Carter and Blueger it'll be Blueger, Rodrigues, Boyle and O'Connor. Yipes!

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-23-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Interesting situation for The Penguins tonight in their game against The Maple Leafs: They will be playing without their top 3 centers (Crosby, Malkin and Carter). Yesterday it was announced that Carter will not play due to being in "the disease which is not to be mentioned" protocol, while Crosby and Malkin continue to recover from off-season surgeries, and have no specific time table for their respective returns. The Pens will also be without the services of one of their best forwards as Bryan Rust is out with an injury that is described as requiring "week to week" re-evaluation. Essentially, half of their forward roster for tonight's game will be AHL calibre and 3 of their 4 centers did not play the position at the NHL level at all last year. So, instead of Crosby, Malkin, Carter and Blueger it'll be Blueger, Rodrigues, Boyle and O'Connor. Yipes!
Toronto will have no excuse if they lose this game.

How about the Oilers 5-0 start? McDavid has had at least 2 points in every game and is tied for the league lead in both goals and assists and all alone with 13 points.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Toronto will have no excuse if they lose this game.

How about the Oilers 5-0 start? McDavid has had at least 2 points in every game and is tied for the league lead in both goals and assists and all alone with 13 points.
I don't follow Western Division teams much (they play past my bedtime most of the time ). I had no idea that they were off to such a great start. Maybe this will be the year McDavid gets a real shot at The Cup.

As for Toronto, if they had zero excuses before it just went into negative numbers with the announcement that The Pens #1 defenseman, Kris Letang, will not play tonight because of the same protocol that has Jeff Carter sidelined. I'm gonna need to buy a program so I can follow all the new names and numbers in The Pens lineup tonight.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-23-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I don't follow Western Division teams much (they play past my bedtime most of the time ). I had no idea that they were off to such a great start. Maybe this will be the year McDavid gets a real shot at The Cup.

As for Toronto, if they had zero excuses before it just went into negative numbers with the announcement that The Pens #1 defenseman, Kris Letang, will not play tonight because of the same protocol that has Jeff Carter sidelined. I'm gonna need to buy a program so I can follow all the new names and numbers in The Pens lineup tonight.
Wow, the Pens will resemble a pre-Vegas expansion team tonight. Austin Matthews returned for Toronto's and played in the last 2 games and has zero points. Watch out tonight.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:00 PM

I can't believe what I just witnessed: Pens-7 Maple Leafs-1, and the score was truly indicative of the play of the two teams. Kudos to a Pens squad that was playing without many of their best players. Can the Leafs really be this bad?

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-24-2021, 05:04 AM

Quote:
I can't believe what I just witnessed: Pens-7 Maple Leafs-1, and the score was truly indicative of the play of the two teams. Kudos to a Pens squad that was playing without many of their best players. Can the Leafs really be this bad?
That's a smoking! Something must be wrong on the coaching side of things and/or in the locker room. Tavares is there for leadership - hopefully he's providing some in the locker room... or soon will be.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:55 AM

Reading a CBC article on Mark Messier's new book and this pic showed up that I had to post here.

Gretzky, 1979, after his last game played in the WHA (Edmonton Oilers). Check out those shoulder pads.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:14 AM
Charter Member

Just watched the Flames walk into NY and dominate the Rangers and Devils. Don't know if they have enough to hold onto this for a full season but they were really fast through center ice and played a stifling D. Interesting team to watch.
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 10-27-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Mike Bossy - sad to hear he has lung cancer and has to step away from being a tv hockey analyst for treatment. Best of luck Mike!
Yes, incredibly sad news. I had season tix from 79-85 and was awed by his prowess. Hope he pulls through this.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Just watched the Flames walk into NY and dominate the Rangers and Devils. Don't know if they have enough to hold onto this for a full season but they were really fast through center ice and played a stifling D. Interesting team to watch.
What's the feeling like this year among Calgary fans? Are they thinking Edmonton will take the division title and Calgary can make the playoffs as one of the non-division winners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Yes, incredibly sad news. I had season tix from 79-85 and was awed by his prowess. Hope he pulls through this.
Rooting for Mike Bossy.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:42 PM

Crosby going to be out a while. The Pens have been hit brutally this season.

Not sure who created the schedule but the Bruins have only played 7 games to date. Same with the Islanders.
Old 11-05-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Crosby going to be out a while. The Pens have been hit brutally this season.

Not sure who created the schedule but the Bruins have only played 7 games to date. Same with the Islanders.
Crosby out for a minimum of 10 days in covid protocol (after having played only one game this season returning from wrist surgery). Pens Head Coach Mike Sullivan also out for 10 days with covid. Defensemen Brian Dumoulin, Marcus Petterssen, and Chad Ruhwedel also out in covid protocol. Of course, Evgeni Malkin is still out after knee surgery this summer and Brian Rust continues to be out with an injury suffered in the second game of the season that has sidelined him week to week. That the Pens record is above .500 is a sports miracle.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic