The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-31-2018, 07:24 AM
Charter Member

My music structure and theory conception is more than likely all wrong. I tend to break down songs into sections with each section having a structure. There are sections that are pure chord theory in it's structure. There are other sections that are largely riff or motif based. The riffs or motifs may be single string, double stops or chords, whatever. The riff or motifs don't necessarily follow simple theory but are created to create tension. To get attention. Hence the reason they don't follow simple theory. There are also chords and notes that are passing notes or chords that may or may not fit into or are include in a simple theory explanation. But the over riding connection is made up of simple chord theory. There you can pick this apart now. I won't mind.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 12-31-2018, 07:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
It's interesting that her circle of fifths is reverse of every other one I'd ever seen. I've always used the common fifths clockwise and fourths counter-clockwise.
She must be from the Southern Hemisphere, the toilet bowls swirl the opposite as they do here in the US.

Just having fun !

Good starter video for chord theory newbies.

Happy New Year Guys.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)

Last edited by SprintBob; 12-31-2018 at 08:31 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write