The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 04:40 PM

Default SOLD - Greven F 0000 - Lacewood Eye Candy

For your consideration a John Greven F or 0000 with beautiful lacewood back and sides and master grade white spruce top.

I am the original owner and John built this guitar for me about ten years ago. Some months back he re-topped it with a rare, high-altitude, white spruce top after the lutz top started separating from the kerfing along one side.

John told me he had seen this is in vintage guitars, but never once in any of his in all the years he's been building guitars.

So, a few weeks after I sent it to him, back it came with a beautiful new cosmetic treatment as well. For those of you unfamiliar with lacewood, it definitely sounds similar to mahogany, but the highs sound perhaps a tad sweeter and rounder.

The F model has about the same volume as a dreadnaught but it is a more comfortable shape for finger style and the sound is more expressive than boomy (imo).

The neck shape is c-shaped; neck is 1 3/4 and bridge 2 1/4.

This guitar has a K&K pure mini pick-up and was recently pleked by T.J. Thompson.

This is a beautiful and wonderful-playing/sounding guitar. I'm selling it for only one reason: I'm no longer comfortable with guitars larger than an OM.

SOLD (funds pending)

Feel free to call with any questions. This is in like-new condition and will only get better with more play time.

Last edited by wordsandmusic; 06-20-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:25 PM

Default SOLD - Greven F 0000 - Lacewood Eye Candy

This guitar is now sold (pending funds). Thanks Keith.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars