The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Just call and say when.

Why wouldn't "they" put a campground in a sequoia grove? I have camped in a redwood grove And also a cedar forest, but have never knowingly in sequoia. Earlier this week I camped in mixed pine and white fir in the Sierra Nevada.
Isn't that a LACEY VIOLATION?!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
I have camped in a redwood grove And also a cedar forest, but have never knowingly in sequoia. Earlier this week I camped in mixed pine and white fir in the Sierra Nevada.
lucky you, other than the physical human stuff - did you bring anything back Bruce ?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:38 AM
AGF Sponsor

Sunburn and a sense of my own mortality. I went swimming in an alpine lake and had trouble getting back to shore for a lack of breath! I have prided myself for being in good shape for many years now and it was a humbling experience to need a rescue. Another sign that its time to slow down.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:08 AM

Hey Steve,

I noticed on your site the guitar made from White Oak, have you made just the one from white oak, or have you tried others?
what was the result like?
any soundclips of white oak guitars per chance?
Its my favorite tree, and this is the first I've heard of guitars being made from white oak... Its something i have to put on my list now... I'll keep researching.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:02 PM

I played Steve's White Oak guitar years ago, I remember it being a nice sounding guitar....close your eyes and you might have guessed it to be made by any number of the more popular wood choices.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Me

I decided to make a new neck for this guitar. With 26 completed instruments, I am better at making necks now compared to my first try. I was able to save the original head plate that was made for me by Bill Nichols
This little OM is now one of my favorite guitars. It is refinished in a true satin. I find a satin finish to be more elegant than gloss.

I know several of you thought that I should leave it alone, but I am really glad that I fixed her up. I also added my new bridge and adjustable neck. I kept the original tuners. Other upgrades include a Brazilian Rosewood fretboard and gold EVO fretwire.
We had a beautiful fall day so i had to take some glamor shots.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:18 PM

My friend, you have come 10,000 miles as a builder since this thread began nearly eight years ago! I had absolutely nothing to do with it, but I'm very proud of you. You have "grown up" right before our eyes here on the AGF, and that is a very positive thing - both for you and for us!

Blessings and best wishes in the days ahead.

cotten
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Me

That's very kind of you John. Thank you.
I sure hope we get to meet face to face some time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop