The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 06:03 PM

You have a very nice guitar for sale here, but in my own experience Taylor Dred's are harder to sell than their smaller-body counterparts. (Yes, I own one!)

If you are patient I think that the right buyer will come along. You have an unusual and desirable combination of woods, at least in my own opinion.

I was shocked at how loud my Rosewood/Sitka Dred is compared to my X14 body Cocobolo/Sitka, and I can't imagine how much drive you get out of the Adirondack top with Brazilian back and sides.

Good luck!
Old 06-03-2019, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemore View Post
I feel like i'm missing something here...is this not an absolute steal for a custom Adi/Brz dread??
Since you asked.. I had an Adi/BRZ 2002 dread and it was impossibly hard to sell. Took me over a year and my asking price was much lower. 3500 opens a lot of doors on the used market. I agree with Bacchus2b. If this were a Grand Auditorium with a cutaway it would move faster. The core Taylor Audience loves the GA body shape with a cutaway for some reason.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:23 PM

Most likely people looking for dreads are looking for a 'dread' sound and Taylor typically is known for going in a different direction. I think some good audio clips (strummed + flatpicked) could really help move folks looking for an adi/braz dread at a great price.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Charter Member

Thanks so much for the comment. Agreed...this guitar is amazing, the top in particular is second-to-none, no matter the price/brand. My hope is between the wood combo and the short-scale with 11/16 nut width, the right buyer will come along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus2b View Post
You have a very nice guitar for sale here...If you are patient I think that the right buyer will come along. You have an unusual and desirable combination of woods, at least in my own opinion....
Old 07-11-2019, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

Default SOLD

Guitar is sold.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars