The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

Ya gotta like it when everything works out!

Sounds like a very happy Mother's Day.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations, Scott!! You have been working a long time to put together your ideal dream live performance equipment suite.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:52 PM

That’s so cool! Great story, it’s nice when it actually works out like you planned!
Old 05-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, guys. One thing I forgot to mention about the X10 nylon is how spot on the intonation is on this guitar. Like better than ANY other guitar I've ever owned. I'm not sure exactly why this is, if it's something related to nylon string guitar or what. I have always, ALWAYS had to tune the low E and B strings ever so slightly flat to get them to sound right when fretting chords.

If I tuned the low E to standard spot on tune and then fret at the third fret the G note would always, ALWAYS be sharp and sound just awful. It got to be where I'd tune the low E a bit flat and then I did a little intro run that we do on Forever Young and I could tell if the tuning was correct this way. But with this X10 I noticed that if I tuned my normal way the G was also flat. In fact, I have to tune the low E to perfect pitch and then the G would also be in perfect tune.

Just another thing I'm loving about this guitar. I'm gushing, I know.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:18 AM
Guest 928

Methos;

Good gushing! I used to tune my nylon strung guitars at the 12th fret which meant that any problems with intonation would be heard at the bass & not as noticeable (in my estimation). With Alistair's guitars I now tune with open strings. We're blessed.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:17 AM
Guest 928

Scott;

I think you may have the first Emerald slim. Given its aesthetics, its electronics, and its comfort, I think you have a true collectable--good to look at, good to play, good for the long run.

Your enjoyment of the guitar is infectious and makes me want one. I'd like mine to be a bit thinner. No accounting for taste.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Scott;

I think you may have the first Emerald slim. Given its aesthetics, its electronics, and its comfort, I think you have a true collectable--good to look at, good to play, good for the long run.

Your enjoyment of the guitar is infectious and makes me want one. I'd like mine to be a bit thinner. No accounting for taste.
Lol - I love your taste in custom carbon fiber guitars! And I agree this one is something special.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:45 AM

I stumbled upon what looks like the same guitar on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/h11cwqx1k-Y

It sounds lovely. By any chance, does anyone know what the name of this song being played in this video?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Guest 928

Dandy;

It's the same guitar. I'm fascinated by the difference between this demonstration and the one by Scott-- the instrument is clearly versatile.

Scott;

I finally got your video review--very thorough, very nice.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:16 AM

Congratulations on your lovely guitar!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber