The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-10-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
Nice looking case fungi. I agree glass would be a better choice. Besides the possible off-gassing, glass with be scratch resistant and easier to clean to maintain a clear view (long term.) BTW, is that a crack along the top seam of your guitar?

yea man, im pretty lazy, so i will 9 times out of ten reach for my hanging guitars vs grabbing one from the case. so all the ones i have hanging have this exact crack in the exact same position! i dont get it bc other people in my hood wall hang for 20 years with no cracks?! anyway this is exactly why i am building this case so this doesnt happen to my ps10
Old 02-10-2018, 11:56 AM

does anyone have any links for the off gassing issue? i cant seem to find anything saying it can interact with the guitar finish. this makes me especially nervous bc im using acrylic paint for the case. will this also ruin the finish? should i wait a few weeks after painting before putting the guitar in the case?
Old 02-10-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD123 View Post
Here's my cabinet, that we fixed up a couple years ago. I bought an old pine china cabinet, found on Craig's for $50, missing one drawer, that I turned into a shelf for sheet music. I removed the inner shelving and brackets and sanded the exterior. My wife is a good painter and she selected the paint. The picture only shows the upper section.

It's wonderful to have fine guitars on display to enjoy, just walking by, and ready to play anytime!

<
WOW. That's a sunning idea! I absolutely love it. Good job.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:20 PM

seems its a controversial issue
https://signs101.com/threads/acrylic...how-long.88487
Old 02-11-2018, 10:25 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghi2 View Post
does anyone have any links for the off gassing issue? i cant seem to find anything saying it can interact with the guitar finish. this makes me especially nervous bc im using acrylic paint for the case. will this also ruin the finish? should i wait a few weeks after painting before putting the guitar in the case?
On mine, we only painted the exterior. Raw wood is better for the interior saw it draws moisture too, otherwise it will be dry when you’re done playing and return your guitar to the cabinet. Best wishes
Old 02-11-2018, 08:27 PM

got some horrible advice and really botched the paint job. back to sanding
Old 03-09-2018, 01:05 PM

had to wait forever for the black hinges to come from china. but the thing is more or less done. have to paint some of the white trim black but thats it.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:07 PM

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion