The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Default Composite Acoustic GX

Always interested in instruments that can double up as an oar when out in the wilderness.... Kidding aside, anyone tried the CA GX model? It looks like their Grand Auditorium response to the Rainsong WS1000. OK, I don't know if they really are responding to Rainsong's best model but am curious how they sound compared to other CA.

PTL
Old 03-06-2007, 08:10 PM

Don't know if it really out there yet. Someone on another forum tried it at NAMM and said it was everything he wanted in a guitar and he really does not like CA. Saw it on a online store for close to 3 grand. Nowhere around me has Ca or Rainsong. I am going to Pheonix next month on business and a store out there has a least a couple of the new CA's but they did not mention having the GX.
Steve
Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 PM

I've played this "X" Performer: http://www.madisonmusic.com/inventor...rmer-Front.jpg

But not the GX. I was amazed at the volume of this little, thin-bodied guitar. Somewhat impressive....but pricey.

Brent
Old 03-06-2007, 09:19 PM

Your seeing quit a few of the old factory models coming into the used market at much better prices. But you'll have to wait a while for the gx to be there.
Steve
Old 03-09-2007, 07:21 PM

Seeing the GX at most of the online stores now. Good news is it is the same price as the X which is a good thing. Now someone go out and buy one and tell us about it. Then sell it on ebay to me.
Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-09-2007, 07:35 PM

If you want to know, I'd give Danny at AcousticProMusician.com a call. I'm sure he's probably got one in stock that he's played.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Charter Member

Resurrecting an earlier query. Wondering if any have tried it and compared it to other CA or Rainsongs. I'm wondering most about the acoustic tone.

Spoke with a few dealers and their less than understated enthusiasm compared to other CA models struck me as a bit surprising as I expected the new GX to be superb fingerstylists etc compared to the older CA models.

Thanks,
PTL

Last edited by PTL; 04-21-2007 at 10:28 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber