The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-15-2017, 09:03 PM

Question Combining LR Baggs Lyric with Maton AP5?

I currently own a Maton EBG808CL, which has a built-in AP5 pickup (piezo, no mic).

As a piezo pickup the AP5 is really good. But I would love to have the flexibility to mix it with some kind of mic signal to have that true acoustic component in my plugged sound.

I am thinking about mixing this with some sort of microphone based pickup, and the LR Baggs Lyric comes to mind.

My question is: what would be the easiest way to mix the two and combine them into one output signal coming out from the existing jack on my Maton?

Would there have to be some soldering involved, or would it be possible to combine them using some cable adapter?

Thank you very much for your help
Old 08-16-2017, 04:35 AM

I was for .. years a Tak player for my live stuff. Not really a Maton fan, which being an Aussie is .. interesting for what I do. Recently I played a few times a little 808 with the new AP5 Pro and was convinced, assimilated if you will. I traded the Tak for an EBG 808c Nashville and am happy as .....

So I would suggest look at upgrading that pre/pu combo for the new AP5Pro and I suspect you will love it, I do.

Kris
Old 08-16-2017, 08:31 PM

Thanks! I will look into upgrading it to AP5Pro. This would probably be the easiest path.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
dual, lyric, mic, pickup, piezo