The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-06-2019, 05:58 AM
Charter Member

Default 2018 Emerald X7 Custom woody 'SOLD'

SOLD

I've gone back and forth on this all summer but after much consideration I've decided to part with this wonderful and beautiful little guitar as it's just not getting the love it deserves. This is my Emerald X7 Custom Woody acoustic guitar. I received this guitar in December of 2018, so it's less than a year old and it's in excellent condition. Emerald guitars are all carbon fiber so they are immune to all the things that bother all-solid wood guitars like too much humidity, too dry, too cold, etc. They are nearly bulletproof but sound great. The X7 is the small, travel size guitar but it has a big sound. The body size is similar to a 00. The guitar has the excellent Schatten HFN passive pickup system in it.

The custom features on this guitar are as follows: First and foremost is the gorgeous ziricote woody top which is a thin, real wood veneer that is bonded to the carbon fiber top so still has all the excellent properties of the carbon fiber but with that beautiful wood grain. I hand selected this for the awesome sapwood or heartwood center grain which looks to me like a flaming sword. In fact, I nicknamed this guitar 'Excalibur'. This was a veneer that Alistair Hay (Emerald owner) was considering for himself when he saw it. In fact he liked it so much that he included it on his website for the X7 web page.

Next up is the scale and neck shape. The stock neck scale is 24.0" for the X7's but I went slightly longer at 24.6". The neck carve (shape) is a soft V. The final custom feature is the bridge which is pinless, has the point moved to the center to better offset the book-matched grain pattern and the carbon fiber weave is exposed instead of painted black - note the bridge is still sealed in clear coat. I recently installed the very excellent Schatten HFN passive pickup system.

This guitar is lightweight and super comfortable due to the small size and short scale, and comfort bevels front and back. This is the newer X7 design which has the deep cutaway on the back which allows for incredible access to the upper frets. The signature Emerald offset sound hole puts the sound directly into the players face. This guitar does it all - travel guitar, couch guitar, camping, boating, beach and you can use it live at any open mic or gig. Comes with an Emerald custom gig bag that is as beautiful as it is functional.

This guitar with these custom features would cost you well over $3,500 new plus a six month wait. Save yourself a grand and the six-month wait and get it shipped to you tomorrow. Grab it before I change my mind again and you'll have the perfect guitar for playing on your couch during those cold winter months in front of the fire! Or standing outside in a monsoon! Thanks for looking.

Below are the stock Emerald glamour photos. Here's the link to the Reverb ad which has many more photos that I took of the guitar:

Emerald X7 Custom Woody 2018 Ziricote/Amber on Reverb

Last edited by Methos1979; 10-14-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:52 PM

Gorgeous. I unfortunately can’t afford to buy this but can at least offer a bump. GLWTS
Old 07-24-2019, 05:17 AM
Charter Member

I remember this set of veneer when Alistair was doing a show and tell of new veneers a while back and thinking, man that will make a very striking guitar. And it did!

If I was in the market for a travel sized guitar, this would be it. Truly gorgeous, and as an X20 owner I know it sounds fabulous! GLWTS!!
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80
Old 07-24-2019, 07:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan56 View Post
I remember this set of veneer when Alistair was doing a show and tell of new veneers a while back and thinking, man that will make a very striking guitar. And it did!

If I was in the market for a travel sized guitar, this would be it. Truly gorgeous, and as an X20 owner I know it sounds fabulous! GLWTS!!
Thanks, it really is one of the best to come out of the custom shop. In fact, when Alistair was doing his video review of the guitars shipping that week he commented that he really wanted to keep this veneer for himself but that I talked him into using it for mine!
Old 07-24-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Thanks, it really is one of the best to come out of the custom shop. In fact, when Alistair was doing his video review of the guitars shipping that week he commented that he really wanted to keep this veneer for himself but that I talked him into using it for mine!
Courtesy bump for a beautiful guitar
Old 07-25-2019, 07:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoSTL View Post
Courtesy bump for a beautiful guitar
Thanks, Bongo. Yes, it's a beautiful guitar. One of a kind with the custom features. Also note that this guitar ever so slight longer than a standard X7. Due to the longer scale the overall length is 35.5" vs. the stock 34.25". Also, the neck joins the body very close to the 13th fret vs. the 12th fret. So while the guitar is still in the travel size range and fits in the standard X7 gig bag, it's just a little longer and is therefore more comfortable to play for those that find the standard X7 scale just a little on the tight side.

Lot's of action over on Reverb with one guy having it in his cart and another guy in CT thinking of make a trip to buy locally. Don't expect this one to last much longer.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

Bumping to put back on the market!
Old 10-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Charter Member

, dodged that bullet!

Looks like I was by mistake still subscribed to the thread.

Have a bump on me, GLWS
- Journey Instruments OF882CN Koa
- Lazy River Weissenborn
Old 10-07-2019, 06:40 AM
Charter Member

Monday morning bump. Priced reduced to reflect price drop on Reverb.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

Bump a wonderful little guitar.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Charter Member

Thursday Night Football bump - go Pats!
Old 10-11-2019, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Friday morning ugly game but we'll take the win bump!
Old 10-11-2019, 12:47 PM

If I did not already own X7 which I paid $2850 with a veneer and Anthem pickup, I would have snatched this beauty long time ago. It comes with a slightly longer scale so you don't have to have a T-Rex arm to play comfortably. I have seen a lot of veneers but this one really stood out and can't believe none of the church goers would be interested in the Golden Cross!

I tell you, this is an anomaly and won't last!
Old 10-13-2019, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

Thanks, Gitaman! Yep, she's a beauty and a smoking deal for someone that wants some great customizations but doesn't want to wait. I've got some solid offers here and on Reverb. I expect it to be gone shortly.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:33 PM
Charter Member

I have a Composite Acoustics Cargo. Can you (or anyone) comment on how these may compare tonally to one another?
Martin 1966 D-21
MARTIN M-30 JORMA 1933 Shaded top (Dazzo)
MARTIN 2009 000-28M Sunburst #444
MARTIN 2009 000-28M Plain top #26
MARTIN 2018 D-18GE Sinker

and...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars