The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-25-2018, 09:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaan View Post
I’ve been going through the same thing for the better part of a year. I just bought a Select X7 instead of the X20. I haven’t gotten it yet, so I can’t comment on tone, size etc. I wanted something I could take around with me, and my other 2 acoustics are OMC’s so I wanted something different. And to be honest I’m still unsure if I chose correctly...lol. I’d probably still be on the fence if these weren’t the last of the cocobola. Kind of made me roll the dice.
At the rate I’m going, you may have your X-7 before I can secure an X-20. Perhaps your impression of it will sway what I eventually buy.

Curious: Did you pay a shipping fee in addition to the price of the guitar?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:49 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20C View Post
At the rate I’m going, you may have your X-7 before I can secure an X-20. Perhaps your impression of it will sway what I eventually buy.

Curious: Did you pay a shipping fee in addition to the price of the guitar?
My experience with Emerald is that they assume all payment and shipping fees as part of the cost of the guitar.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:48 PM
Charter Member

Others have done a good job comparing the 2, I'll give you my experience even though I may be the odd man out here. I would suggest buying the X20 first. I have the X20 and X7, I hadn't played the X7 for months, I've been playing the Cargo and X20, pulled the X7 out yesterday, played it 5 minutes and put it back in the case. Not sure what is going on, it may need new strings? but I did not enjoy the tone at all. I wouldn't let the X20 go for anything, but that is not the case for the X7. Just a little different opinion that you can take or leave. I can't recommend the X20 high enough. Great guitar.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:03 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
My experience with Emerald is that they assume all payment and shipping fees as part of the cost of the guitar.
I want to correct my quoted comment. I also added the following to Gary’s “Emerald shipping policy thread”.....

Actually, I just remembered.....following an email exchange I had with Sean of Emerald within the past couple of weeks, he mentioned that due to higher costs, Emerald is now charging for shipping, and I recall the amount of $55.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I want to correct my quoted comment. I also added the following to Gary’s “Emerald shipping policy thread”.....

Actually, I just remembered.....following an email exchange I had with Sean of Emerald within the past couple of weeks, he mentioned that due to higher costs, Emerald is now charging for shipping, and I recall the amount of $55.
Yeah I paid $55 for shipping
Old 01-26-2018, 10:00 AM
Guest 928

I paid a few thousand dollars shipping for my new Emerald electric guitar, but I got the guitar for free.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Costs do always increase. But I also think that Emerald now realizes the Pandora's Box they've opened building custom CF guitars. I believe they are getting a lot more orders now and so the prices of those are seeing steep increases as well. I'm glad I got onboard early!

Based on a recent thread and custom price quote, I can say that the cost of one custom feature has nearly doubled. Supply and demand. And the benefits of still being the only game in town when it comes to ordering a custom CF guitar!
Old 01-26-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I paid a few thousand dollars shipping for my new Emerald electric guitar, but I got the guitar for free.
I get free stuff like that as well.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber