The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-05-2010, 08:30 AM

Default Zoom H2

I am picking up a used Zoom H2 handy mic today. It looks like a nice little unit. Anyone out there ever use one?
Gretch Resonator
Old 02-05-2010, 08:51 AM

I've had one for a year or so, I really like it and don't use anything to record with. Handy and nice sound (although it's not working as well as it could anymore - but I don't think it's the Zoom's fault - I think I dropped it too hard once).

But I would certainly get another - I'm sure you're going to have lots of fun with yours!

"Yeah!" - Blind Boy Fuller
Old 02-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindonn View Post
I am picking up a used Zoom H2 handy mic today. It looks like a nice little unit. Anyone out there ever use one?
Hi CDonn…
Lots of us here have and use them. Wonderful recorders for point-n-shoot recordings with good quality and very easy to use.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 02-05-2010, 09:13 AM

You'll find lots of happy H2 users here. I use mine to record rehearsals, live shows (with the artists' permission), and as a sonic notepad to capture what I'm thinking/writing at the moment. I also record most of our gigs direct off the PA. I often play a song off my iPod into the PA and then out to the H2 as MP3. I could create the mp3 in iTunes, of course, but for purchased material iTunes only allows a finite number of "rips". I bought it when it came out, and since then it goes everywhere my gear bag goes. I've had no reason to "upgrade" to the H4 or H4n, although that new Q3 is looking attractive.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindonn View Post
Excellent quality, simple to use, great value for money. Yes, I have one!
Keith
Old 02-05-2010, 12:16 PM

I have one. I use it for practice purposes. I also use it to record lectures when I attend work-related seminars and workshops.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:22 PM

I've had mine for about a year and just started to record recently. Easy to use and great sound quality. I'm looking forward to using it a lot more! I'm sure you'll love yours.

Psalm 150:4 Praise Him with tambourine and dancing, praise Him with the strings and flute!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:36 PM

I really like mine. The simplicity is why I like it. In the past I used a BOSS BR-8 to record with. I found I would spend more time fiddling with knobs trying to dial in a sound than I would actually playing.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:50 AM

I have one. Great little unit. It has come in use so many times in so many ways. Lately I haven't been using it as much though because I got some recording gear.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber