The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaincranky View Post
Well, the amateur parent and financial adviser thing doesn't really fly. You've apparently prejudged the TS as a habitual credit abuser, and before his first purchase, no less.

Maybe he just wants a decent guitar, and can collaterally begin acquiring a credit score and history, for down the road a ways. You know, a house, a car, things like that. Most people don't p[ay cash for those things. I'm sure of course, you're going to tell me you did..

If you say so. However, I haven't seen any indication of it for the past few decades.

So let me rephrase that for you. "It would be nice if people were responsible for their own actions. They aren't. And that's why, boys and girlz, on the 8th day we invented therapists. So we could blame the things we do wrong, but aren't responsible for, on our parents".

No prejudging on my part, I said the opportunity to use a 0% account is a great thing if used wisely. Others have commented that the mere opportunity to do so would/could cause great financial harm to some people. Again, I don't lose sleep over how others handle/mishandle their affairs.

And when I used "responsible", I'm talking accountability...whether a consumer is wise or a fool, they're accountable for their own actions...

And I agree, I see more and more people these days blaming others for the consequences of their own actions...
Old 07-06-2015, 11:44 AM

Guys. I just wanted to know if the 114ce was a good guitar or if I could find better bang for my buck. Not argue about how to pay for it. However, I've already purchased the 114ce from Zzounds and paid for it in full. I have the guitar now and freaking love it. So like, y'all can stop arguing about my financial decisions, that'd be great. Hahah.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssc_lnn View Post
Guys. I just wanted to know if the 114ce was a good guitar or if I could find better bang for my buck. Not argue about how to pay for it. However, I've already purchased the 114ce from Zzounds and paid for it in full. I have the guitar now and freaking love it. So like, y'all can stop arguing about my financial decisions, that'd be great. Hahah.

Yeah, sometimes the direction topics take on a public forum reminds me of an old friend of mine...very intelligent fellow...but if you ask him what time it is, he'll start explaining how the internal mechanisms of a watch work...

Congrats on the guitar!
Old 07-06-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssc_lnn View Post
Hey guys! I'm Jessie. And I'm pretty new to this whole guitar thing. I've been playing for about 6 months and I learned on a really cheap Greg Bennett by Saumick or something like that. I'm really not sure. However, I've never been a fan of the sound. I'm starting college in August and want to upgrade to a better guitar. I've stopped by some local shops and played a couple different models. And I keep coming back to the Taylor 114ce. Theres a website called ZZounds that offers payment plans. I was thinking of doing that. However I'm iffy on doing business with a company I haven't heard much about. So I guess I'm just wanting advice and personal experience with the website or any tips on a guitar better than the 114ce but still in the same price range. Thanks! (:
Well no, you actually asked very little about the 114e, as you stated your mind was well on made up toward buying that guitar. Taylors are very good, that's a well known fact. If you wanted 10 more suggestions to muddy up your head and make the decision more difficult, sorry we were unable to oblige. That is very atypical of this forum in general. Usually the argument DOES center around around brand preference, then model preference, and continues on to what strings you should use...

You asked more directed questions about zZounds as a vendor, and their 3 payment plan, which you stated, you were considering. Since it was obvious you hadn't bought a high ticket item online before, on my part, I provided information, (as best I could), about other online dealers, with the same policies, practices, and payment strategies. Having dealt with them myself, in the course of being left handed. For me to purchase a guitar, I have to go where "opportunity knocks", but with the opposite hand.

As far as arguing financial decisions goes, men climb mountains because they're there. However, online debate also provides great entertainment potential, with far less physical stress,ability, or jeopardy.

In any event "Happy New Guitar Day", and hopefully many years of continued enjoyment with your new Taylor.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:59 PM

Jesse, you can always ask the moderators to lock this thread, especially since your purchase is a done deal. Asking as the OP, they probably would. Congrats on the 114. I have one myself.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
taylor, taylor 114ce, taylor guitar, travel guitar, zzounds.com