The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 PM

Default Heed help with Godin Grand Concert Duet (nylon)

Hi guys,

I feel a bit silly posting this, but here goes;

I just spent 3+ hours, trying to find,,, let alone download,,, the user manual for the Godin Grand Concert Duet (nylon),,,, (NOT the Ambiance model). Godins' website, shows only the Ambiance version, and the SA model, and those panels are different. I looked at YouTube videos,,,magazine reviews,,, and nothing.....

I've lost the manual, and haven't played this guitar in over two years. The information I'm looking for, concerns the control panel. Most of it is self-explanatory; volume, treble,mids, bass, and blend. There are two buttons/knobs who's functions I'd like to clarify,,,, the red push-button next to the volume slider,,,,, and the black rotary knob next to the blend slider.

I'm thinking that the red button is "phase", but I simply don't remember if that's correct. As for the tiny black rotary knob,,,, I haven't a clue.

If someone can clear this up, I'll be eternally grateful.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby1note View Post
Hi guys,

I feel a bit silly posting this, but here goes;

I just spent 3+ hours, trying to find,,, let alone download,,, the user manual for the Godin Grand Concert Duet (nylon),,,, (NOT the Ambiance model). Godins' website, shows only the Ambiance version, and the SA model, and those panels are different. I looked at YouTube videos,,,magazine reviews,,, and nothing.....

I've lost the manual, and haven't played this guitar in over two years. The information I'm looking for, concerns the control panel. Most of it is self-explanatory; volume, treble,mids, bass, and blend. There are two buttons/knobs who's functions I'd like to clarify,,,, the red push-button next to the volume slider,,,,, and the black rotary knob next to the blend slider.

I'm thinking that the red button is "phase", but I simply don't remember if that's correct. As for the tiny black rotary knob,,,, I haven't a clue.

If someone can clear this up, I'll be eternally grateful.

Hi Bobby,

The red button is the phase switch and the black is the "Null Sweep" which is a narrow sweepable filter according to their info. If you pm me your email I will scan a sheet I got off the Godin Web site long ago. They never provided an actual manual for mine.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 PM

SMAN, thank you so much. You're very kind. PM sent.

I'm pretty sure mine came with a manual, but I've searched everywhere, to no avail. I'm somewhat surprised that Godin wouldn't have that info posted on their website. They seem to show only the manuals for current models.

Thank you,

Bob
Old 03-21-2013, 01:07 AM

I had to e-mail them for info about my 5th Avenue. Still didn't get much.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:52 AM

Bob,

I scanned the info on the Duet controls and emailed a PDF file to you this morning.

Glad to help!

Steve

Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 AM

Than you so much SMan, I got the PDF this morning. Very much appreciated.

I was a bit surprised that they don't provide much detail about the properties of the "null sweep", such as the actual depth of cut, and the "Q". Suffice it to say, it either "works", or it doesn't. I think I'll try to force a little low-level feedback today, just to see how effective it is.

I'm glad I finally got time to noodle around with this guitar yesterday; it's a fine instrument. Most of the time, I simply reach for whatever guitar I have close by, so the Godin hasn't seen much action since I bought it. (20+ guitars).

One potential issue I came across yesterday, was that the "B" string seems hotter than the others. Looks like I'll have to bring it in to a good "tech" to get it balanced. I'll contact Godin today, to see if I can get spare parts. If I can get a replacement saddle, then maybe I'll try to fix the older saddle myself, by gently filing small increments of material off the bottom of the saddle, at the B-string position. Just enough to slightly reduce the contact-pressure of the saddle at that point.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:08 AM

I bought mine back in 2006. At that time neither the dealer nor Godin was able to supply me with a manual and that's when I was directed to the info on their site I sent you. It was a bit frustrating for a guitar that was far from inexpensive. That said I really like the GC Multiac.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM

You know SMan, I'm starting to think I never got a manual either. I had all of my original documents stored inside the case, including the original receipt, and a bunch of small brochures from Godins' catalogue, but no manual.

I bought my guitar in 2010, and I believe the manual was available at Godins' website, back then.

SMan, have you experimented with different strings, to see what works best? Mine is overdue for a new set.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:23 PM

Can't recall what strings I've been through but currently using D Addario Pro Arte Hard Tension strings. Pretty happy with them.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:13 AM

Smile Cry for help... :-)

Hi all,

I found this thread while trying to find a manual for my multiac having actually played it plugged in for a change the other day... bit embarrassing at band practice when I didn't know how it worked... :-)

Any chance someone could please share the doc referenced here with me?

Fingers crossed, thanks!
Old 01-09-2016, 01:51 PM

Steveyp

PM your email and I will send you the PDF. Note: This is for the older duet system.

Old 01-09-2016, 02:22 PM

Have any of you tried the Godin via guitar synth??

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Old 01-10-2016, 12:57 AM

Don't have it on mine Ned so can't help you there... soz!
Old 12-10-2022, 05:14 AM

I realize this is an old post, however, that being said, I just found and bought a Godin Grand Concert Duet Ambiance that I found for sale online yesterday. It will be here next week. I just wanted to add that Godin does have the one page sheet on their site for this guitar and wanted to provide the URL for others that might search for a manual and find this thread.

https://godinguitars.com/manuals/hsh...etambiance.pdf

I certainly hope I enjoy mine as much as you all do!

EDIT: Sorry, I misread the OP it clearly states NOT the Ambiance, my bad. Moderators please remove this post.

Last edited by KennyEC; 12-10-2022 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 12-25-2022, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMan View Post
Can't recall what strings I've been through but currently using D Addario Pro Arte Hard Tension strings. Pretty happy with them.
I just acquired the GC Duet Ambience (2011 I think) and have put the DAddario Pro Arte Hard Tension strings on it. I find the wound strings are louder than the trebles. I'm hoping to boost them into a better balance. I ordered these by :
GHS Muriel Anderson Signature Nylon String Set
Titanium Nylon Trebles Last Longer and Improve Clarity
Winter Silver Basses
Each Treble has a "knob" end that is uniquely designed to prevent slippage
String gauges .028, .033, .040, .030w, .037w, .046w
Perfectly balanced classical tone
I think they are "Polished" to help reduce the scratchy Finger noise that I hate.
Any thoughts?
Also I need to replace the tuning knobs, any links to ones that fit and are good quality? I'm not looking for the several hundred $ versions, but ones that are more affordable and good, 1:18 ? Thanks in advance for any experiences!

Last edited by Mike Nykoruk; 12-25-2022 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Topic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical