The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-17-2018, 07:41 AM

Default Passive/Phantom Powered Pickup Advice

Hi there, guys!

I'm starting to play in weddings, and I want to use a Neumann KM184 on my Martin HD28 as my main acoustic sound.

But, as I know that microphones can have feedback issues, and I want to use a few effects with my acoustic (modulation stuff), I will probably blend the signal of the Microphone with a Pickup.

I'm using a LR Baggs M80, in passive mode. I like it's sound, but I think it's not the most natural sound I could have. And I would like a few pickups ideas. I have DIs (two), and I'm after my acoustic guitar sound, amplified (or the closest I can get... hahaha).

The only thing is that I want it to be a passive or a Phantom Powered pickup, just because I don't want to worry about batteries. It's a silly thing, but I just don't want it to be an active one.

I'm currently using my Martin with M80 into a Baggs Para DI, Baggs Session DI, into a QSC Touchmix 8 Mixer into a pair of QSC K10.2s.

Any ideas? Videos? Reviews?

PS: I can't check the pickups in stores, because I live in Brazil, and here we just don't have good stores. Sad, I know. Sorry for the bad english!

Thank you very much, guys!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification