The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-16-2017, 07:56 PM

Default "Is that an electric guitar?"

Happen to see this article on Emerald's website, which made me chuckle:

http://emeraldguitars.com/2017/10/03...v=7516fd43adaa

Anyone else have someone question you as to whether or not your carbon acoustic is electric? I always get a kick out of someone telling me how amazing it is that an electric guitar can be so loud unplugged. With the custom harp guitar shown in the article I'm sure that really confuses some people with all of the pickups on the body. No wood, pickups, has to be an electric
Old 10-17-2017, 09:06 AM
Guest 928

Acou;

Thank you for forwarding attention to a great instrument and a great player. The result is a very precise and very beautiful music.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:12 AM

My Emeralds are hollowbody electrics with flatwound electric strings.
They can also be played acoustically.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:17 AM

Default Hollowbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song View Post
My Emeralds are hollowbody electrics with flatwound electric strings.
They can also be played acoustically.
I see you have an Amicus, That ought to provoke some questions too. The thin body of my Chimaera fools people into thinking it will have a weaker sound similar to a normal hollowbody electric. Some of my friends remember when I used to have a Godin hollowbody electric and I would boost the volume via a Roland battery powered amp. So it was quite a shock to them when they saw the Chimaera for the first time. For times I play with other acoustic players no amp required, but I typically play with two other bass players every week so I plug into my guitar amp's clean channel. My wife could hear me loud and clear on the beach too

On the flip side I once took a seminar with an instructor that had some no name thin bodied acoustic that had quite a tone and was pretty loud for a guitar made close to an electric hollow body construction. Too bad the luthier didn't put his name on it, I would have been interested in buying one if he were still around. Was another "What kind of guitar is that" situation.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber