The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 03-02-2021, 04:04 PM
Charter Member

Default ArtistWorks Online Bryan Sutton Lessons

Hey team, Anyone signed up for the ArtistWorks online lessons with Bryan Sutton? I watched a video he did with G run and impressed with his knowledge and teaching skills. Price comes out to about $30 a month but I am willing to pay but would like a bit of feedback or recommendations from AGF. Any issues or online troubles?? I am kina new to Bluegrass and really looking forward to learning about this cool music.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:02 PM

yes I have been doing lessons for about 3-4 months. Totally worth it to me. It is pretty cool to submit lesson video and have Brian answer and comment. The big deal to me is it is not all about technique but about the quality of tone and musicality no matter your level.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:36 PM
Charter Member

Yes, I’ve been an artistworks student for a while of Bryan’s and other artistworks teachers. Bryan gives back great and detailed responses to video exchanges. The course is well planned out. They usually have some kind of a deal going on so you can get a discount on the annual fee. I usually re-up at Christmas time when they offer 50% off of the annual classes.
Martin J-40 Adi custom 2018
Martin OM-28 Adi Gruhn Special
McPherson Sable
Fender American Professional II Telecaster
Fender American Professional II Stratocaster
Northfield Big Mon Engleman top
Northfield Big Mon Adirondack top
Companion custom woody banjo
Fender '68 custom Vibro Champ Reverb amp
Old 03-04-2021, 05:07 AM
Charter Member

Great feedback and thanks!!.....I signed up yesterday and very impressed so far with not only the Videos that Bryan has published but the overall layout of the website. Really looking forward to this as I figure, Bryan is being recognized as world renown flat picker....I get to learn from the best!!! Now I have to really submerse myself in Bluegrass music as I am a newbie at it. I only wish I had started listening to this amazing music years ago.
Old 03-04-2021, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

I have been a member for a year and just signed up for another. He is an outstanding teacher and musician with deep knowledge of technique. I think I have really improved, even in my old age. I am amazed that I can get this interaction and advice from one of the best guitar players in the world. I am also impressed at his commitment to teaching. He is up to over 10,000 video exchanges.

Martin D28 (1988)
Guild JF30
Voyage Air MD-02
Collings D1
Bourgeois vintage OM
Old 03-12-2021, 12:28 PM

Default FREE Brian Sutton lessons via your local library (lynda.com)

Happy Friday AGF

I recently ran across online course on lynda.com that I can access through public library membership. I was going to see what AGF had to say about Mr. Sutton and lo-and-behold I have the answer via this post.

So if you have public library access to Lynda, you can get a taste of Bryan's guitar lessons. I know I'm going to check it out this weekend.

Thanks AGF!

Bluegrass Guitar Lessons with Bryan Sutton
Acoustic Guitar Lessons
https://www.lynda.com/Bryan-Sutton/7605490-1.html
Old 03-12-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamcha View Post
Happy Friday AGF

I recently ran across online course on lynda.com that I can access through public library membership. I was going to see what AGF had to say about Mr. Sutton and lo-and-behold I have the answer via this post.

So if you have public library access to Lynda, you can get a taste of Bryan's guitar lessons. I know I'm going to check it out this weekend.

Thanks AGF!

Bluegrass Guitar Lessons with Bryan Sutton
Acoustic Guitar Lessons
https://www.lynda.com/Bryan-Sutton/7605490-1.html
Very cool, I had no idea! My wife used to work for lynda.com, up until they were acquired by LinkedIn. They were a great company, run by very cool people. She loved working there.

They always made it a point to only use instructors that were at the very top of their fields. Glad to hear they've continued to branch out, while keeping the quality high. (Edit: I see that the course is actually five years old now. Still very cool!)

2nd edit: Mentioned this to my wife, and she told me she actually has a lifetime membership. Told you they were a great company to work for!

Last edited by Fishermike; 03-12-2021 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:37 AM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Quick update on the Bryan Sutton Artistworks online lessons. So, I cannot say in words how impressed I am with this experience. This is not a hands off, 10 lesson series. This is a very organized, evolving, two way guitar experience with Bryan. Simply floored at how he teaches...he knows how to teach!! Bryan has a sincere passion and love for Bluegrass as it comes through in every lesson. I signed up for 3 months, however, going to update my subscription for at least a year. So glad I found this!! Play on....
Old 04-02-2021, 01:46 PM
Charter Member

I just signed up for this too. Went ahead and got the yearly plan so I could have unlimited video submissions. Just started today but I’m really impressed with the quality of the lessons and the way Bryan explains things.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write