The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-25-2022, 05:52 PM
Charter Member

Default Show me your Webbers, I’ll show you mine

I’ve owned dozens of great acoustic guitars and found the ones that suit me best overall are those made by David Webber. Most guitar players have their favorites and these are mine. Just some phone pics to show my Webbers so show everyone some photos of your Webbers too. Mine are a 2016 Roundbody with a Reaction Engelman top over East Indian Rosewood back and sides, along with a 2002 000 with a Cedar top over Quilted Maple back and sides. I love everything about both of them. What Webbers do you own?

Taylorcrazy_____________

Last edited by Taylorcrazy; 09-26-2022 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Spelling change
Old 09-25-2022, 05:57 PM
Musical minimalist

I've had about 250 guitars pass through my closet in the last 20 years - the one I miss the most (and that I wish I could show you a current photo of) is a 2007 Roundbody I had David build for me. 1 13/16 nut - 2 5/16 saddle, full ab top, florentine cutaway and the most beautiful set of Claro Walnut I've seen! I owned a couple dozen of David's instruments, and he was my first foray into one-off builders in about 2005.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg webberclaro.jpg (38.3 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg cj009dc1.jpg (131.4 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by fitness1; 09-26-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2022, 06:03 PM

Default Show me your Webers, I’ll show you mine

Oh wait - did you mean guitars...?

Sorry, my bad...
Old 09-25-2022, 07:57 PM

2011 Jumbo Shrimp, Englemann over Australian Blackwood. Photos that happen to be on hand.

20220925_184309a.jpg

20220621_145025d.jpg
Old 09-25-2022, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post

Oh wait - did you mean guitars...?

Sorry, my bad...
This post wins the Webber contest !
Old 09-25-2022, 08:34 PM
Charter Member

How's this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220925_213202_(200_x_200_pixel).jpg (27.8 KB, 189 views)
Old 09-25-2022, 11:02 PM

Nope. You both lose. We are looking for Webbers with two "B"'s not Webers with one B.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:55 AM
Charter Member

Default Webber Guitars

All jokes aside, David Webber built amazing guitars and other instruments. Please show us photos of your Webber guitars, ukuleles, etc.

Taylorcrazy_____________

Old 09-26-2022, 06:14 AM

So please tell about the difference in sound between the maple and rosewood...just interested
Nick
Old 09-26-2022, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacot23 View Post
How's this one?
I was looking for a grill photo myself!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 09-26-2022, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Default Here are mine

I currently have two Webbers: a mahogany L00 and a cocobolo roundbody. Both have spruce tops. No idea what kind. The L00 is balanced, clear, sweet sounding. The RB is loud, resonant, lots of bass, lots of overtones.

I also attached a photo of a walnut-cedar OM I had for a few months. Very beautiful guitar, also wonderful sounding, but I just couldn't connect with it. It was very unique in that it has a three-piece laminated walnut neck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roundbody1.jpg (275.2 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg L002.jpg (42.8 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg OM1.jpg (270.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg OM4.jpg (252.2 KB, 106 views)
Old 09-26-2022, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Some gorgeous Webber GUITARS posted far, keep ‘em coming! As to the difference between the rosewood and maple, these guitars are similar only in the sense they both play and sound phenomenal. They both just fit what I want in a guitar. The RB is rosewood, and while it is no banjo slayer, it is much louder than the maple 000. The rosewood has that rich, deep bass with slightly scooped mids while the trebles are sweet and clear. The best way I can say it is this guitar tone is very present. The reaction Engelman top is not just a gimmick IMHO, it offsets the rosewood’s vilume and boom while keeping some of the punch and clarity. This RB is, for me, the finest guitar I have ever held in my hands (and I have owned a bunch of great ones and played many more). I believe this guitar was destined to be mine (thank you Bob for selling it to me). On the other hand, the maple 000 has a 25” scale (vs 25.4 for the RB). The tone is assuredly laced with more trebles but is in no was shrill. The volume is not as loud but the sound is very immediate (I hope that makes sense). The 000 loves to be finger picked but handles a pick well in a non-aggressive strum. I realize it is generic to say the tone is “sweet” but this one genuinely is. The 000 is a slot head while the RB is a paddle head. (BTW, thank you, Rob for selling this one to me) These two Webber guitars are honestly my guitar Yin and Yang. They are so very different but together, they cover a lot of acoustic territory for me.

Taylorcrazy_____________

Old 09-26-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorcrazy View Post
Some gorgeous Webber GUITARS posted far, keep ‘em coming! As to the difference between the rosewood and maple, these guitars are similar only in the sense they both play and sound phenomenal. They both just fit what I want in a guitar. The RB is rosewood, and while it is no banjo slayer, it is much louder than the maple 000. The rosewood has that rich, deep bass with slightly scooped mids while the trebles are sweet and clear. The best way I can say it is this guitar tone is very present. The reaction Engelman top is not just a gimmick IMHO, it offsets the rosewood’s vilume and boom while keeping some of the punch and clarity. This RB is, for me, the finest guitar I have ever held in my hands (and I have owned a bunch of great ones and played many more). I believe this guitar was destined to be mine (thank you Bob for selling it to me). On the other hand, the maple 000 has a 25” scale (vs 25.4 for the RB). The tone is assuredly laced with more trebles but is in no was shrill. The volume is not as loud but the sound is very immediate (I hope that makes sense). The 000 loves to be finger picked but handles a pick well in a non-aggressive strum. I realize it is generic to say the tone is “sweet” but this one genuinely is. The 000 is a slot head while the RB is a paddle head. (BTW, thank you, Rob for selling this one to me) These two Webber guitars are honestly my guitar Yin and Yang. They are so very different but together, they cover a lot of acoustic territory for me.
Do you mean reticulated top?
Old 09-26-2022, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

No, this might help, just enlarge it so it’s legible.

Taylorcrazy_____________

Last edited by Taylorcrazy; 09-26-2022 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Detail
Old 09-26-2022, 06:15 PM

I'd love to buy a Webber.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion