The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 06:05 PM

When the lady's room toilet at work is flushed, it causes a surge in the men's room toilet

I call that a Crazy Ivan.

If it's a larger vegan lady doing the flushing, it's going the be a splash. If you happen to
be seated at that time, you get what I call, Poseidons Revenge.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkronk View Post
OK, I'm opening this thread for any and all who'd like to vent about stuff they can't do anything about. (Remember the forum rules, though...no politics or religion.)

I'll kick things off:

1. I didn't win the $1.34 billion lottery this week.

2. I turned 72 on Thursday. Notified the media. They didn't care.

3. This morning at 5 a.m., my wife and I got out to water the yard (hand watering only on weekends during water restrictions) and both her expandable hose AND mine blew up. Same day. Almost the same time. What are the odds? Anybody know of a brand of these hoses that lasts more than a couple of years? This is getting ridiculous.

OK...who's next.

Dirk
I *seriously* enjoyed the OP's post. Nothing to add, except maybe "get off my lawn!"

Old 08-03-2022, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

When selling things online as a hobby (I've cycled through 100+ guitars/amps/kayaks and other "toys" since 1990, keeping a select few favorites), I get this.

Responder: "Are you open to a trade?"

Me: "Maybe, what do you have in mind?"

Responder: "What do you want?"
Old 08-03-2022, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnitus View Post
When selling things online as a hobby (I've cycled through 100+ guitars/amps/kayaks and other "toys" since 1990, keeping a select few favorites), I get this.

Responder: "Are you open to a trade?"

Me: "Maybe, what do you have in mind?"

Responder: "What do you want?"
Write "ABSOLUTELY NO TRADES" in your ad and then someone offers you something in trade...
Martin 000-15sm
Old 08-03-2022, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Write "ABSOLUTELY NO TRADES" in your ad and then someone offers you something in trade...
Love trades, actually. That's how I scored on a couple nice boats, a Strat Plus, a gig-worthy Peavey tube combo, a Honda CT110 and a Colt 1911 (just off the top of my head). But that's only because they were able to articulate what they had to offer instead of expecting me play 20,000-guesses in the blind. LOL
Old 08-04-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnitus View Post
they were able to articulate what they had to offer instead of expecting me play 20,000-guesses in the blind. LOL
LOL.......

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 08-04-2022, 08:54 AM

Trying to sell a guitar via Facebook instrument selling groups.

First guy asked if he could come play it. I said no problem, let me know when suits. When waiting for him to get back to me another person chimes in and offers to put a deposit down as he can't collect the guitar for a few weeks. I let the first guy know this and he backed out of the sale even though I wasn't asking for a deposit from him, just a time when he could test it.

Second person then fails to pay the deposit as "he's waiting to hear back from his luthier" about the most minor of fret wear I sent a photograph of at his request. I told him would require the deposit the following day if he's to secure the guitar. No deposit paid. So it looks like I have lost that sale too.

Third person who is interested spends ages asking loads of questions, making it clear he has been looking for this guitar for a while, then mentions having to shift funds from his bank and he'll get back to me. He gets back to me later today to say he doesn't have the money.

I've went back to the first guy to see if he still wants to try the guitar. Nightmare...

Old 08-04-2022, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

Me: [Phoning my contractor] "My floor and stairs are only halfway done, your guy's been absent for three days and you're ignoring my calls. You said we'd be done by today. What's going on? Is your phone broken?"

Contractor: "I've got him on another job this week. I think I can get him back to your place by Friday."

Me: "I told you last week that I was leaving town on Friday. That's exactly why we agreed have this DONE by Wednesday."
Old 08-04-2022, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxo View Post
Trying to sell a guitar via Facebook instrument selling groups.

First guy asked if he could come play it. I said no problem, let me know when suits. When waiting for him to get back to me another person chimes in and offers to put a deposit down as he can't collect the guitar for a few weeks. I let the first guy know this and he backed out of the sale even though I wasn't asking for a deposit from him, just a time when he could test it.

Second person then fails to pay the deposit as "he's waiting to hear back from his luthier" about the most minor of fret wear I sent a photograph of at his request. I told him would require the deposit the following day if he's to secure the guitar. No deposit paid. So it looks like I have lost that sale too.

Third person who is interested spends ages asking loads of questions, making it clear he has been looking for this guitar for a while, then mentions having to shift funds from his bank and he'll get back to me. He gets back to me later today to say he doesn't have the money.

I've went back to the first guy to see if he still wants to try the guitar. Nightmare...
The guy who wants to trade me a gun for the mixing board I'm trying to sell on Facebook marketplace and wants me to ship it to him as well to save him a two hour round trip. I didn't ask how he was going to get the gun to me, it didn't go that far.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/
Old 08-04-2022, 12:57 PM

Whatever biodegradable material they used to replace the packaging of rice, and the thinner paper bags flour is sold in, that continues to be sealed of/glued close with the same old methods/glue. Making it impossible to open them without tearing them apart...

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 08-04-2022, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

I went flat water kayaking today for about two hours on a local lake. This afternoon my blood sugar had dropped to 142....
Martin 000-15sm
Old 08-05-2022, 05:53 AM

Reading casual references to religion ("I prayed and had faith") on forums where religion is off-topic and you're a bit of a militant agnost... (and you've already been slapped on the fingers for even suggesting you might be thinking of selling anything but your soul &#128520

🙈🙉🙊

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Old 08-05-2022, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Good luck with that, Jim....
I’ll let you know. It’s never happened yet that I’ve sat through a meeting with the suits without saying something about their inability to manage. I’m thinking that since my current labor agreement expires in May, whatever pain they have in mind for me will be of short duration.

Optima dies, prima fugit
For Sale: Larrivee P 01Khttps://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...49#post7433849
Old 08-07-2022, 02:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeane View Post
I've tried the barrier system before and may have to again. Because they're inside I'll probably have to put it in multiple places since I don't know exactly where they're getting in. I decided to hold that method until I absolutely have to but I'm almost there.
My Colombian mother-in-law showed me how to sprinkle ground cloves and/or cinnamon along the ant trails. It’s been my go to method ever since whenever ants start to invade. Looks a little messy, but smells nice, and works well. Once they stop coming, it’s easy to clean up.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 08-07-2022, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannx View Post
My Colombian mother-in-law showed me how to sprinkle ground cloves and/or cinnamon along the ant trails.
No cloves if you have pets (toxic for cats & dogs)! I'm surprised cinnamon is listed as safe: AFAIK it isn't exactly healthy for us (in high doses).

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic