The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-22-2022, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
Hah... For you or (also) for your partner/housemates? Thankfully in our case they were just audio-based, no video...
Excruciating for all parties involved

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 09-22-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
Excruciating for all parties involved
My wife was able to reach some students better in that time. It had some parents more involved with their kids.

One of the most amazing things with the teachers at home was observing the unofficial handling where there were some really rotten scenarios and parents. Some kids in really bad family circumstances were getting moved between our area and Chicago, or on their own escaping to what was safer for them.

For a while via text messages and side communication some of my wife's circle of associates and Chicago teachers were making sure some kids would get into the Zoom or Google hosted classes no matter where they where.

So much bad is said of teachers these days but I witnessed a bunch of them who to me did what was life saving. Kids with rotten situations got actual learning and beyond that, in those teachers had trustworthy adults to check in with.

My wife is really stressed with teaching again and I hope she can stick it out for some more years.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic