The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-30-2020, 11:35 AM

NBA Finals start tonight with Lakers vs Heat. I don't see the Heat pulling this off but anyone but the Lakers.

Your thoughts?
Old 10-12-2020, 06:50 AM

Congrats to the Lakers and LeBron. The Heat had no chance although Butler made it interesting for a few games.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:10 AM
Charter Member

Man, Butler was a beast - without him, the Heat are swept out. I fully understood why the Sixers elected to let him walk last year and sign Harris instead, but it sure looks like a mistake in retrospect. I'm not sure Jimmy wanted to stay on a team where he was destined to be third banana, but man, he's just a straight up baller. Oh, yeah, and congrats to the Lakers. No question they were the best team.

And massive congratulations to the NBA for building a bubble that actually worked - not a SINGLE case of the disease which may not be mentioned by name during their whole extensive playoff process. The televised games lost almost nothing in excitement with just a piped in crowd - may have even gained a little something - some of the looseness of guys just ballin' in a gym for the love of it. I love hoop and the re-started NBA seasons/playoffs was one of the things that really helped me through the last couple of months. I've enjoyed it completely and they did a great job of balancing keeping people healthy, putting a compelling product on TV, and making strong statements about social justice all the way through. Major props to the league.

-Ray
Old 10-12-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Man, Butler was a beast - without him, the Heat are swept out. I fully understood why the Sixers elected to let him walk last year and sign Harris instead, but it sure looks like a mistake in retrospect. I'm not sure Jimmy wanted to stay on a team where he was destined to be third banana, but man, he's just a straight up baller. Oh, yeah, and congrats to the Lakers. No question they were the best team.

And massive congratulations to the NBA for building a bubble that actually worked - not a SINGLE case of the disease which may not be mentioned by name during their whole extensive playoff process. The televised games lost almost nothing in excitement with just a piped in crowd - may have even gained a little something - some of the looseness of guys just ballin' in a gym for the love of it. I love hoop and the re-started NBA seasons/playoffs was one of the things that really helped me through the last couple of months. I've enjoyed it completely and they did a great job of balancing keeping people healthy, putting a compelling product on TV, and making strong statements about social justice all the way through. Major props to the league.

-Ray
Hey Ray, the NBA did an outstanding job with the bubble. The same as the NHL. I bet the players are glad to get out of the bubble but they did have the chance to opt out if they wanted to.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic