The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-15-2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Cool. I like the Ibanez wiring, although I really WISH they'd consider changing position 3 to something like the bridge pickup split or in parallel. It would be perfect if it had a nice bridge single coil-ish sound.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
Cool. I like the Ibanez wiring, although I really WISH they'd consider changing position 3 to something like the bridge pickup split or in parallel. It would be perfect if it had a nice bridge single coil-ish sound.

Yeah the coil splitting is really nice. The position two sounds very middle-neck on a strat. Position 4 has a cool tone too, but I prefer position 2. I would prefer position 2 to be the north coil on the bridge, and 3 just like position two, and position 4 I would do neck north coil. I’m ok with a soldering iron so I might me you to the task one day.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Yeah the coil splitting is really nice. The position two sounds very middle-neck on a strat. Position 4 has a cool tone too, but I prefer position 2. I would prefer position 2 to be the north coil on the bridge, and 3 just like position two, and position 4 I would do neck north coil. I’m ok with a soldering iron so I might me you to the task one day.
I'm worthless with modding. I took mine to a local shop. He said Ibanez uses quick connect wiring and it's very difficult to change the 5 way without installing all new electronics.

The AZ has really cool wiring options and a few other 2 humbucker guitars have coil splitters.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
I'm worthless with modding. I took mine to a local shop. He said Ibanez uses quick connect wiring and it's very difficult to change the 5 way without installing all new electronics.

The AZ has really cool wiring options and a few other 2 humbucker guitars have coil splitters.

Ah I see. I guess I would have to get a new 5-way and cut and splice. If I go through that trouble it would definitely be whenever I upgrade the pickups.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars