The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-12-2011, 11:38 AM

Default What is the best "electric guitar" chat forum?

What is the best "electric guitar" chat forum? For acoustics, I go here and the Collings/Blueridge/Martin forums?

Where do you go for Electric questions? Thanks!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:42 AM

By far the best is..................

The Gear Page

Just be sure to lock up your credit cards and PayPal account if you like electric gear. Great forums with great discussions and over 70,000 members!!!

Last edited by terrapin; 05-12-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:33 PM

Sweet, I'll check it out.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 PM

With this sub-forum, which includes both electric guitars and amplified acoustic guitars, who needs a better one?
Old 05-12-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Hunter View Post
With this sub-forum, which includes both electric guitars and amplified acoustic guitars, who needs a better one?
I LOVE the AGF, but it is not all that good for truely electric folks......Just check out The Gear page and you gotta agree.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:33 PM

Another vote for the Gear Page. Best way to learn about amps, pedals, etc. Agreed, hide your credit cards when reading the "best overdrive pedal" threads.
BC Rich B 28 acoustic 1973
Godin A8 Mandolin
Rittenberry SD10 pedal steel guitar
Gretsch Black Falcon 2009
Fender Jazzmaster
Martin Nylon folk guitar 1962

FM9 guitar modeler

www.stevehotramusic.com
Old 05-12-2011, 03:03 PM

I would say the Seymour Duncan Forum. I like the group that hangs out there and I like Seymour, Evan, MJ and the crew at Duncan Pickups. You can ask questions or post comments about any brand of pickups, guitars, guitar mods & wiring, amplifiers, effects...whatever, and get knowledgeable answers. And you can mention prices without getting edited.

Only things you can't do is trash a competitor, or discuss religion or political subjects. Environmental concerns and global warming unfortunately fall under political subjects. It's a bit startling sometimes how conservative and reactionary some musicians are.

Regardless, it's a great music gear forum and most of the members are pretty cool!

Seagull CW w/Baggs M1 pickup...National Vintage Steel Tricone...SWR California Blonde Amp

Last edited by Gypsyblue; 05-13-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaul_79 View Post
What is the best "electric guitar" chat forum? For acoustics, I go here and the Collings/Blueridge/Martin forums?

Where do you go for Electric questions? Thanks!
I used to love the amplifier section of WeberVST. They have a guitar forum too but most of the electric action is in the amp forum. Haven't spent much time their in the last few years as I've migrated to mostly acoustic playing. Check it out.

http://www.tedsforums.com/forum/
Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 PM

http://www.tdpri.com/

*everything* is a tone control
Old 05-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Charter Member

I'm a member at the Gear Page, as well; long before I came here, btw. If it wasn't for John Cotten's assistance, I might still be trying to "register" for the AGF!!!

The Gear Page has gotten a bit weird, of late (like the past year or so...), due to a high influx of young guys from Harmony Central (?). The vibe there is much more snotty and "been there, done that, bought the T shirt" than it was 2 or more years ago... that said, there is still a lot of good information there, so long as you weed through the contention and "my way is the ONLY way" attitude that surfaces, from time to time... the GP has a lot fo folks who have a very narrow cast of music and experience, and there are folks there who really know their stuff, and have the chops and resumes to prove it!

Check it out!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 05-13-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyblue View Post
I would say the Seymour Duncan Forum. I like the group that hangs out there and I like Seymour, Evan, MJ and the crew at Duncan Pickups. You can ask questions or post comments about any brand of pickups, guitars, guitar mods & wiring, amplifiers, effects...whatever, and get knowledgeable answers.
My first thought as well.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:25 AM

Another vote for TheGearPage. It's a great forum with a bunch of really good folks there, as well (yeah, like here!). And beyond the excellent discussion forum, they also have a classifieds area for an electic player that has serious amounts of traffic! But given your "les paul" handle, definitely check out the LesPaulForum. Great place, too!!

Edward
Old 05-13-2011, 09:14 AM

Another vote for the TDPRI. Very civilized there, the mods do not allow any nonsense, great members with lots of knowledge. And if you like Telecaster, there's no better place anywhere.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostnote View Post
Another vote for the TDPRI. Very civilized there, the mods do not allow any nonsense, great members with lots of knowledge. And if you like Telecaster, there's no better place anywhere.
A lot of pop up ads. I don't really like the vibe there. I used to post there a lot. Haven't for years.

Seagull CW w/Baggs M1 pickup...National Vintage Steel Tricone...SWR California Blonde Amp
Old 05-13-2011, 09:25 AM

There's no pop-ups at the tdpri. There's banner ads... Is that what you mean?

You should come back...great place, and MUCH better moderated than the Gear Page (I'm not a TGP member, just the occasional lurker, too big and unruly for me)

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars