The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-18-2021, 12:57 PM

Default Takamine EF/Legacy series

Anyone had this one? I was searching acoustics (i left martins out of this) and I found a used EF341 (japan) for 600u$. Has some dings and wear but seems to be in good condition (doesnt have the original case, includes a gator).

About the specs. It has solid cedar top but laminated maple back & sides. Is it worth the money? Or should I buy a new mexico Taylor 214/210ce (new is around 700/750 dollars and used almost the same haha).

I know they have different construction and they are different brands etc but any help would be appreciate.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2021, 01:36 PM

So is it? Worth it to you? Pretty sure I have no idea what will melt your butter. I see an Ef341’s (made in Japan) on reverb in good condition for $399. With the option to make an offer. Based on that limited info, no $600 is not a good deal...
https://reverb.com/item/1993250-taka...ustic-electric

Daniels - Bedell - Guild

"Tomorrow is promised to no one"
Old 01-18-2021, 03:33 PM

What year? I have a '92 EF341C that I paid 600 for it used in '92. It's a good campfire guitar and great when plugged directly into a PA. But unplugged I suspect the Taylor will sound much better. My Tak sounds okay unplugged, but it's quite thin compared to my Martin's.

2011 Martin M-36
2016 Martin GPC-35E
2016 Martin D12X1 Custom Centennial
1992 Takamine EF-341C, great for campfires

85 Gibson Les Paul Custom
82 Gibson SG
96 Fender Clapton Stratocaster
91 Fender Deluxe Telecaster Plus
86 Fender MIJ E-series Stratocaster
Old 01-19-2021, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

I think you did fine. I just perused Reverb, and the used EF341' s range from a low of $500 to well up over $1,000 depending on age, condition, etc. Many of these are the EF341SC, which have a cutaway.

These guitars are highly regarded and played by many pros. There is a reason that Takamine acoustic/electric guitars are played by so many professionals, as they sound awesome plugged in, but also sound great unplugged in my opinion. I currently own three Tak's, and considering a few more including the model mentioned in this thread.

Enjoy your guitar!
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80
Old 01-19-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doons View Post
So is it? Worth it to you? Pretty sure I have no idea what will melt your butter. I see an Ef341’s (made in Japan) on reverb in good condition for $399. With the option to make an offer. Based on that limited info, no $600 is not a good deal...
https://reverb.com/item/1993250-taka...ustic-electric
I dont know because i havent try it yet. I dont live in usa so plus taxes, shipping and reselling by the music local stores is around almost 40% more than new here.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan56 View Post
I think you did fine. I just perused Reverb, and the used EF341' s range from a low of $500 to well up over $1,000 depending on age, condition, etc. Many of these are the EF341SC, which have a cutaway.

These guitars are highly regarded and played by many pros. There is a reason that Takamine acoustic/electric guitars are played by so many professionals, as they sound awesome plugged in, but also sound great unplugged in my opinion. I currently own three Tak's, and considering a few more including the model mentioned in this thread.

Enjoy your guitar!
Im waiting for the seller who is a ghost!

I saw that new is around 1200-1300$ thats why i was asking. Is not bad at all besides the laminated maple. Is to play in home, friends, etc but is the only one at a good price with graphex electronics and cutaway (not the CT4Bll). Seems to be this one was for export to usa, not for japan as the other ones. Dont know to much about this brand but there is just a few in here and not new ones. Thanks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion