The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-20-2020, 12:27 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Default Star Trek:Enterprise and other rantings

So I watched the entire series.

The last episode was totally unacceptable. I still can't reconcile it in my mind. I think the series needs to be rebooted and the last episode turned into somebody's bad dream (besides mine, ) and then pick it up from there.

I guess 15 years later though that's not going to happen.

Now I'm watching Voyager. I'm may even start on NextGen. Never a fan of Deep Space 9 though.

Discovery is not even in consideration. I had started watching it in the first season and it's not to my liking at all.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 12-20-2020, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

I enjoyed all off shoots of Star Trek but The Next gen was my favorite. The first season was a bit Cheesy and corny but it started picking up steam in season 2.

It’s almost to to revisit the original trek.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat

Last edited by Mbroady; 12-20-2020 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:46 PM

Default Star Trek:Enterprise and other rantings

Big fan of all ST but Next Gen is the one by which the others are judged!

Don’t be too harsh on DS9. I really didn’t like it when it aired but came back to it many years later; now I’m a big fan!

Enterprise is ok; it has some great moments. I just wish Archer wouldn’t pace up and down and turn his back on the camera EVERY TIME he has a monologue. I’m a former actor and notice stuff like this (like how neither Natalie Portman in Star Wars and Emma Watson in the Harry Potter films can keep still when they are supposed to be standing).

While I can understand why many fans don’t get on with the new series I love Discovery and really enjoyed Picard.

And yes, the last episode of Enterprise is a catastrophe and a travesty that should be erased from the canon...
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden

Last edited by pieterh; 12-20-2020 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:53 PM

Enterprise - great show! Last episode, terrible. The script called for those who should have been more involved in a series finale to be a mere afterthought.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

Of all the Star Trek series since the 80s I thought Enterprise was the worst. Next Gen and Voyager were the best. The last couple seasons of Deep Space 9 made the whole series worth watching because it got quite good!

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 12-20-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperB23 View Post
Of all the Star Trek series since the 80s I thought Enterprise was the worst. Next Gen and Voyager were the best. The last couple seasons of Deep Space 9 made the whole series worth watching because it got quite good!
I'm a big fan of Next Gen, Voyager, and Enterprise. I never really got into DS9. I tried again a couple of years ago and watched the first couple of seasons but I couldn't get drawn in. I agree that the last couple of seasons were better because Warf (Dorn) was on the show and the arc with the Dominion.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

My favorite series is Voyager, by a long shot.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 12-20-2020, 06:25 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Enterprise - great show! Last episode, terrible. The script called for those who should have been more involved in a series finale to be a mere afterthought.
Yes, I know. At the least T'Pol and Trip should have married. Complete cop-out on that story line.

In my mind I'll just re-write the ending and go with that,

T'Pol and Trip marry. Years later near Tucker's retirement he is assigned to the beginning development of the warp engines for the new line of starships - the NCC series.

Reed gets promoted to commander (and gets a girlfriend too). Reed also is assigned to the committee to develop new uniforms for StarFleet. Red is his favorite color.

Mayweather gets promoted to Captain and get his own command.

Hoshi retires from active duty and becomes the head training instructor for communication officers at Starfleet Academy.

Captain Archer is promoted to Admiral and is our ambassador on Vulcan.

Okay. I feel better now

Quote from Jolene Blalock..

Quote:
(On the final episode of Star Trek: Enterprise (2001)) I don't know where to begin with that one... the final episode is... appalling.
So we're not alone on the one

My SoundCloud page

Aria {Johann Logy}:

Last edited by TBman; 12-20-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:28 PM

Voyager is probably my favourite but DS9 had some of the best characters with Odo, Quark and Gul Dukat. Favourite Star Trek character being Garak - he'd come a long way since losing out on his luck to Dirty Harry in '71.

YouTube
Old 12-20-2020, 06:32 PM

Barry, you're hired! There was talk about an Enterprise movie but that got scrapped once the new Star Trek movie series started a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Yes, I know. At the least T'Pol and Trip should have married. Complete cop-out on that story line.

In my mind I'll just re-write the ending and go with that,

T'Pol and Trip marry. Years later near Tucker's retirement he is assigned to the beginning development of the warp engines for the new line of starships - the NCC series.

Reed gets promoted to commander (and gets a girlfriend too). Reed also is assigned to the committee to develop new uniforms for StarFleet. Red is his favorite color.

Mayweather gets promoted to Captain and get his own command.

Hoshi retires from active duty and becomes the head training instructor for communication officers at Starfleet Academy.

Captain Archer is promoted to Admiral and is our ambassador on Vulcan.

Okay. I feel better now
Old 12-20-2020, 07:36 PM

Default Star Trek Continues

I don't see it mentioned anywhere here so I'll bring it up. There was a web series called Star Trek Continues where they rebuilt the original sets and filmed episodes to complete the 5 year mission of the original series. It ends where the first movie begins, with the unveiling of the new Enterprise in drydock.

Anyway, it's pretty well done. Grant Imahara (from Myth Busters) is Sulu and James Doohan's son plays Scotty.

Check it out, it's a nice effort:

https://www.startrekcontinues.com/
Old 12-20-2020, 07:42 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckroast View Post
I don't see it mentioned anywhere here so I'll bring it up. There was a web series called Star Trek Continues where they rebuilt the original sets and filmed episodes to complete the 5 year mission of the original series. It ends where the first movie begins, with the unveiling of the new Enterprise in drydock.

Anyway, it's pretty well done. Grant Imahara (from Myth Busters) is Sulu and James Doohan's son plays Scotty.

Check it out, it's a nice effort:

https://www.startrekcontinues.com/
Thanks, I will check it out.

My SoundCloud page

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 12-20-2020, 08:08 PM

Resistance is futile.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:50 PM
Charter Member

Of the Sequels, Voyager is my most favorite. Current "Discovery" is meh (can't stand Burnham) and Piccard was OK...until the end. DS9 and Enterprise never got past the first few episodes with me. STNG was 50% good.

New movies are OK. Wrath of Khan the only really excellent "Kirk" movie.
Rumors of another series with the new Pike and Spock: might be good.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:19 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
Of the Sequels, Voyager is my most favorite. Current "Discovery" is meh (can't stand Burnham) and Piccard was OK...until the end. DS9 and Enterprise never got past the first few episodes with me. STNG was 50% good.

New movies are OK. Wrath of Khan the only really excellent "Kirk" movie.
Rumors of another series with the new Pike and Spock: might be good.
Wrath of Khan in my eyes is THE Star Trek movie. Pike's first movie I really liked, but I didn't like the alternative universe that emerged in the second of his. In my Star Trek universe Vulcan doesn't get blown to bits,

Basically I'm a simplistic person. I like special effects, the more the better, I like the idea of space travel, warp speed, the Federation, etc. Give me epic space ships and battles, neat aliens, a phaser shoot out or two and some good sub plots with the cast (romances, humor, etc) and I'm good. Kirk has to be Kirk, Spock has to be Spock, etc, etc. I need my basic characters to stay true to form as outlined in TOS.

My SoundCloud page

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic